+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just to make my friends crazy....

Funny you mention camping Joe_ everyone here seems to want to take crap like eggs and sausages on a camp trip, tastes like garbage and makes you feel rubbish too.

Easiest thing to take and to cook on a camp IMHO is vegetables, they keep, handle the heat, taste good, easy to cook in a pot with some water or just roasted... dunno why more people don't do it. The other thing we do is take one of those Cobb cookers and buy a few roasts before we go. It makes things so easy. We come back to camp generally about midday and have a sandwich and coffee etc etc, take a snooze, light the Cobb and chuck a roast in. By the time you come back from the evening rise you have a sensational roast dinner all ready done and cooked.

The smell of it will be driving any neighbours totally crazy too, so while they are sitting and trying to cook crap sausages in the dark you are finishing off a sensational roast and ready for whatever comes after.

Anyway make it a long thread Joe, I enjoy your food.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Lol, Joe...I know if I was joining you guys for the MIFI that I'd be your friend if you didn't have any...I'd even share some of my flies with you.
    I grilled up a some elk steaks a few days ago from a young cow elk I shot last fall, with some garlic sautee'd green beans, and a baked potato with all the fixin's. A meal fit for heaven. Just goes to show that it doesn't have to be fancy to be amazing.

One of my favorite recipe's is venison back strap with a red wine reduction sauce, mushrooms sautee'd in butter and red wine, with some rice pilaf and steamed veggies. That's about as good as it can get.

TT.

+ Reply to Thread