+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When's It Going to STOP?????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chewydog View Post
    Maybe in the fall, at least in Co. Arapahoe Basin Ski Area got 38" of fresh powder last week and hope to stay open till July 4th. July 4th??? Runoff is usually over by then. Aspen Mtn. also had plans to open for Memorial Day weekend.
    Where I usually fish at a flow of 3-400 cfs is now running 4,400 cfs and it's just getting started.
    Chewy,

I was on the South Platte a few days ago between Mineral and Bowles and got a couple of rainbows. River's running close to full, but shouldn't get horrible unless the reservoirs fill up more than they like. Folks tend to underestimate the Platte through town. It holds some nice rainbows and browns but hardly ever gets fished.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Yeah, I was planning my Wyoming trip for June 29-July 5. I've rescheduled for July 20-26, and I'm not 100% convinced runoff will even be over by then...

2 days ago it was 107 in the shade and 100 degrees today and I would love to get some ya'lls weather

we are on severe drought conditions...rainy season is 10 days late and counting...grass is dead and water is several feet below normal...restrictions about to take place for using water...snow is wild...even in Alaska it has been pushing upper 80's in Fairbanks...I have other friends that are flooding...not sure but i think the planet is angry

I know it is tough but count your blessings now. You could be suffering the same fate as the folks in Joplin Mo. They are busy burying their friends and relatives while picking up the pieces of their lives.
    My boss told me that crossing me is like playing with DET cord.

You Sir are right on .....I Pray for em every day... actually for the whole planet
    I can't seem ta find the sweet taste of the stream

Hope conditions are better for you all today. Going to be in the mid 90's with very high humidity here today. I am not complaining as I like the heat but it is way too early for the high temps here.
    My boss told me that crossing me is like playing with DET cord.

Blog Entries

Hit 97 in the shade at home yesterday. What is this "snow" of which you speak?

Ed

I have told my Traci, my wife, to slap me if I ever complain about the Wyoming wind. At least it doesn't spin, just some small dust devils once in a while.
    One of the local radio stations did a gather of goods for Joplin and that area this weekend, five cargo trailers and trucks full gathered in twelve hrs. My wall tent was donated as I am downsizing the hunting camp. The one dj told me the Duschane(SP) volunteer fire departemnt was thrilled to see it, his words. They plan to use it for a portable kitchen/distribution center. I am thrilled I was able to help out, I didn't think it would be so well received as it is 15 years old, smokey and does have a couple small duct tape repairs. Oh yea, 1 1/2" of moisture this weekend, yesterdays' high being 48. A very wet year so far for this desert country.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Global Warming is the wrong term, what is happing throughout the whole word is major climate changes!

It was only 150 years ago, when the "Little Ice Age" ended. Now we are facing an unknown future to our planet, do to the buildup of Carbon Dioxide that eclipse all other climate cycles for the past million years....

Western USA, has been in drought conditons for the past 10 years. Boulder Dam is half full, few more years will be unable to supply electrical power and water to the Southwestern USA. The Gobi Desert in China is expanding, and the dust storms from the Gobi Desert are reaching Beijing China. The Sahara Desert is expanding and in some area of North Africa it has reached the shoreline of the Mediterranean Sea.

Everywhere regions throughout the world is experiencing major climate changes ...

+ Reply to Thread