+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froggie

Default Froggie

This is an updated version of my bullfrog slidder. Alittle smaller and a slightly different profile.

Nice!....thanks for sharing the photo
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

As usual Fred, great job. What is the body material?
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

That makes ME want to eat it! The poor fishies don't have a prayer!
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    As usual Fred, great job. What is the body material?
    Thanks Guys. Uncle Jesse the body is foam I bought from hobby lobby . When I started it looked like a large white mashmellow.
    Fred

Beautiful job Fred. I love the look of the body, especially the eyes, they look so real. Tell me, when you spend all that time crafting a beautiful lure like that, do you really tie it on and toss it into the lilly pads or among submerged trees where the big bass hang out? I used to spend lots of time making beautiful poppers and sliders but after getting wrapped around submerged limbs and loosing a few, I started going as simple as I could and still catch the fish. I now use Dremel bugs almost exclusively for my poppers since I can make them in just a few moments and I don't mind it too much when I lose one. Your creations are just too pretty for me to take a chance on losing. Just one lazy fly tier's thoughts...

Jim Smith

Froggie went a'courtin and head did did ride---with a hook and big fish right near by....something like that anyway.

I like that frog. Big time.

OK. You started with foam and then sculpted it somehow.
    But what about the paint job? How did you do that?

Woah doo. That some frog. Did he just get arrested for molesting the NYC maid?
    Last edited by pittendrigh; 05-18-2011 at 02:27 AM.

Very nicely done. Like the others I'm interested in how you did it.

Greg

Fred

That fly is diabolical. The poor fish won’t have a chance. If Dr. Evil was a bass fisherman he would have invented this fly.
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Erie High Ball View Post
    Fred

That fly is diabolical. The poor fish won’t have a chance. If Dr. Evil was a bass fisherman he would have invented this fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatton View Post
    Very nicely done. Like the others I'm interested in how you did it.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by pittendrigh View Post
    Froggie went a'courtin and head did did ride---with a hook and big fish right near by....something like that anyway.

I like that frog. Big time.

OK. You started with foam and then sculpted it somehow.
    But what about the paint job? How did you do that?

Woah doo. That some frog. Did he just get arrested for molesting the NYC maid?
    Quote Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
    Beautiful job Fred. I love the look of the body, especially the eyes, they look so real. Tell me, when you spend all that time crafting a beautiful lure like that, do you really tie it on and toss it into the lilly pads or among submerged trees where the big bass hang out? I used to spend lots of time making beautiful poppers and sliders but after getting wrapped around submerged limbs and loosing a few, I started going as simple as I could and still catch the fish. I now use Dremel bugs almost exclusively for my poppers since I can make them in just a few moments and I don't mind it too much when I lose one. Your creations are just too pretty for me to take a chance on losing. Just one lazy fly tier's thoughts...

Jim Smith
    Thanks for the kind words. Jim it does hurt to lose one, no doubt.But they are extremely durable and if they catch enough fish that they get beat up and mangled , then it was time well spent. For those who want to try your hand at these , here is a link to a similar frog done with the same material and coloring techniques.http://www.realisticflytying.net/id12.html

+ Reply to Thread