+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I may have a big problem here ....

Blog Entries

Rodents of unusual size? I don't believe in them!

If you have mice coming to the birdseed, the only way to get rid of them is to stop feeding, set traps, or hire a skilled cat, which will, of course, eat the birds. My landlady feeds birds on the deck at the end of the house, and at one point the mice had made it all the way upstairs to my apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Rodents of unusual size? I don't believe in them!
    Of course you know how the rest of THAT scene played out
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Ya know ... mouse hair looks an awful lot like mole! Just sayin' ....
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty,
    I really think that the best idea on this thread so far, is turn newt into a cat.

We sell a product called Havoc for mice. It is a poison similar to D-con, except they say that it helps to dry the mouse up so it won't smell. Now, I want you to notice how I said that, "they say ..." I haven't found that anywhere on the actual label, but we have customers that swear to it. I keep it out under our house, and I honestly have never smelled a mouse. but I haven't found a dead one either, so I don't know. i guess I'm not much of a salesman, but I'm not going to lie to you either.

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

There is only one answer to this:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/101_0029.jpg

Young spayed females are best:

1. Cleans up rodents, squirrels and occasional ground hog.
    2. Lowers blood pressure of the owner.
    3. Provides years of entertainment.
    4. Renewable (therefore green) source of dubbing.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kbproctor View Post
    And mousing is the only legitimate reason to have a cat around.
    I take it you have never combed dubbing out of a cat. My Sister's sinister Siamese provides a perfect medium dun.

Ed

Blog Entries

Hi Betty . To get rid of mice under the patio toss a few moth balls in their lair. it will get rid of anything living there , including skunks. ( don't ask ) You said at the start of this thread they invaded your toad abode. Is that some kind of device to attract toads?? When I park my boat in drydock at the marina each fall I used to get all sorts of things making it their winter home including some homeless persons who actually were very neat and did not destroy or steal anything. The neighbour boat was not so lucky and the people that stayed in his boat destroyed it.
    One poor guy had a Mink family absolutely stink up his boat so badly that they finally had to take it to the dump. The smell was horrendous . Mice of course carry things like the Hanta virus which can kill you. The moth balls got rid of everything and everybody, both rodent and human. ( They smell it and pick a different boat or home to invade not yours. )

If you get the mice to move now while its spring and fairly warm out they will not come back.

It takes about a month or so for mothballs outdoors to dissipate before you can no longer smell them but its worth it to get rid of unwanted creatures.

A big Plus is that no dog or cat will go near mothballs and be harmed by their chemicals like can happen with poisons.

As always , read my signature before taking any of my advice.
    Last edited by Gnu Bee Flyer; 05-16-2011 at 07:40 PM.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Betty,

It sounds like the moth balls will do the trick plus possibly keep them from coming back. I once knew a farmer that had problems with groundhogs building their underground dens on the hillsides on his farm which made running a tractor and equipment dangerous because as the upper wheel on the tractor went over the den entrance it could cause the tractor to overturn. Many farmers in the area came close to being killed this way and some were killed. This farmer would locate the den and take a fire proof hose of some sort and stick one end down the den entrance and put dirt around it and then take the other end and put over the exhaust pipe on the tractor. He would then start the tractor and fill the den with exhaust fumes, pull the hose out of the den and plug the entrance with more dirt. This worked for him. You might try the same thing using your lawnmower and flooding the cavity under your patio slab with exhaust fumes. I feel you need to do something soon because mice can multiply very quickly and really be a problem.

Just a thought.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    I take it you have never combed dubbing out of a cat. My Sister's sinister Siamese provides a perfect medium dun.

Ed
    Nope. Sure haven't. I get nice dubbing from the Guard Poodle. I love kittens but there is one thing wrong with them. They grow up to be cats.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Betty,
    If the responses to your "mouse" post are any indication, your popularity herein (FAOL) is on the verge of becoming legendary. Hopefully the 40 or so "helpful" suggestions have solved your rodent issue.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread