+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally gave my brother his rod

Default Finally gave my brother his rod

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped out with my build. For those that don't remember, I built a 2wt Batson Forecast with a Marine Corps Dress Blues theme.
    I was going to wait for him to come up and visit me, but because of circumstances out of his, or my, control, he may not be able to come this year. It's his birthday on Saturday, so I thought, what the heck, I'll just send it to him.
    Well, I got a phone call from him yesterday about a box that arrived from me, of all people. He asked if he could open it and I said for him to go ahead.
    The sounds coming out of the reciever almost made me wish that I'd waited to give it to him in person. He has a laugh that he does when he's a bit speechless, and I heard it more times than I wanted to count. I got text messages and phone calls repeating how much he is blown away by the rod. He even held it up to his Dress Blues and says that it matches perfectly!
    He is taking it fishing this weekend for his birthday.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who posted with helpful hints, suggestions, thoughts, anything. I couldn't have done it without you guys. I hope I get to meet each and every one of you guys sometime so I can look you in the eye, shake your hand, and thank you properly.

TT.

Yep I remember your post about that rod. That's great TT sounds like you really made his day. There's no better gift between two brothers that both fish than a hand made rod. It's something he will treasure for the rest of his life.

Steve

Steve,

You were a big part of that build. I think you saw that pictures of the finished rod. The reel seat you turned down made that rod when I had it all together. You should have heard all his comments about how it makes the rod, "pop."
    Thank you again.

TT.

Blog Entries

He won't get any work done for the rest of the week. Every vet he knows will get that rod shown to him and they will drag him and the rod off to show someone else.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Thumbs up

TT,
    Thanks for the feedback.
    You can talk about material & workmanship all you want, but what REALLY makes the rod special is the love that you alone put into it.
    Good for you & thanks for sharing.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

TT,

Thanks for the up-date - I just knew he was gonna love it! It's a wonderful rod and a wonderful collaboration! Thanks for sharing - makes my day!!

Best regards, Dave S.

+ Reply to Thread