+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member from PA

Default New Member from PA

I hope this is the right place to introduce myself, as I didn't see a forum topic for "introductions" or something of the sorts, but I'm someone who has been looking at the site for a while but who thought it about time to introduce myself on the bulletin boards. My name is Pete Gramp, I've been tying longer than I've been fly fishing (since I was 14, so 18 years or so for the tying, and a few years less for the fishing). I live here in Southeastern PA (Pottstown, PA) and often haunt the Lil' Lehigh, Perkiomen, and Pickering Creek watersheds for trout. Every summer, I make a switch from trout and fish for smallmouth in Lake Messalonskee in Oakland/ Waterville Maine. I just thought I'd introduce myself here before I go posting around and have people wonder who I am.
    I look forward to hearing about you all,
    -Pete
    AKA aphio-igor

Hello Pete, Welcome to FAOL from SoCal. Pull up a log and sit a spell. New guys chop wood and bring donuts. Ha. Look forward to your postings. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Pete

A big welcome from The Island Nation of Ohio!! Don't make yourself a stranger. And one more thing, don't forget to wipe your feet when you come in....Mom likes it that way.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

I think the New Guy has to bring the donuts too!! Welcome aboard. Drop by the chat room some evening and meet a real bunch of Trout Bums

Greetings from Kansas!
    Fortunately, you introduced yourself AFTER the worst of winter, so your wood chopping may not amount to much! But you will have to get the donuts!

Good to have you here!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Even Pennsylvaynicans are welcome on here I've heard. Good to have you. If you haven't availed yourself of the myriad of information available from the menu on the left side of the Home page, you'll find a wealth of information on just about anything related. If it's not there, just ask a question and you'll get your answer from very knowledgeable people from all over. Our administrators solicit ideas, patterns, (see fly of the week) articles, etc. from everyone willing to hop in. You've been a silent observer for awhile, so you probably have a good idea about the way the best forum on the web works. Welcome aboard.
    Last edited by Lew; 05-08-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Hi Pete - Welcome aboard!

As you can tell by my board name, we fish some of the same waters. Our local fishing should be really good this year, with all this rain. Shoot me a PM if you want to fish some time.

Also, if you get a chance - check out the PA Fish-in thread at the top of the page. It's an unbelievable gathering! From what I'm hearing, there should still be space available in the campground's lodging. More fun, great fishing, binge eating and drinking, than any one person has a right to - and you're invited.

H.A.

Blog Entries

Welcome Pete - I look forward to seeing future posts. Don't forget to share your latest tying creation too!

nighthawk Guest

Hey Pete,
    Welcome from Perry County, Liverpool to be exact.

Welcome Pete from Tennessee! I will look forward to your posts especially your fly tying. Make sure to take "Heritage Angler" up on going fishing with him. You have joined the best fly fishing, tying, rod building and anything that deals with fly fishing sites on the Internet so sit back and enjoy yourself and don't be a stranger!

Welcome

PS - Don't forget the donuts........
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread