+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold Redfish spinner flies

Hi Kyle, too bad you couldn't hire me for that bash. We could have had a blast. Tom & I fished a lot, but the weather didn't co-operate much and the wind kept the spotting of reds fairly difficult. We did have some good days in the pass, but the giant 3' reds swimming through were keeping deep and fast, very hard to get a cast out in front of them. You'll love Tom's 'array' of fishing boats now- one for every kind of fishing. We need to make plans to go fishing with him again.

Skip, I sent the mfg. an email requesting info on getting sample packs of spinner blades, rings, and swaivels. Let's see what he comes up with.

Blog Entries

I get most of my split rings and stuff from Jann's Netcraft. They have a wonderful selection there to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by DonO1 View Post
    Skip, I sent the mfg. an email requesting info on getting sample packs of spinner blades, rings, and swaivels. Let's see what he comes up with.
    They will get them right out to you. I have had them send samples several time and they come pretty fast. They have good service.

Skip

Quote Originally Posted by DonO1 View Post
    Hi Kyle, too bad you couldn't hire me for that bash. We could have had a blast. Tom & I fished a lot, but the weather didn't co-operate much and the wind kept the spotting of reds fairly difficult. We did have some good days in the pass, but the giant 3' reds swimming through were keeping deep and fast, very hard to get a cast out in front of them. You'll love Tom's 'array' of fishing boats now- one for every kind of fishing. We need to make plans to go fishing with him again.
    Don,

I did call Tom... It was great to re-connect with him! (and with you!)

Sorry y'all didn't hook up with more reds... as you well know, the weather(i.e. winds) down here can really be hassel when targeting reds until mid-May... but after that Watch Out! 'cuz the marshes down here are full of reds... which means that north Florida will have to get some of our "spillover". I wonder if all this fresh water coming down the river will move more reds over to Tom?

I'm dying to get over to fish with Tom... We'll have to get you back down from Wyoming and go out together.

Kyle

+ Reply to Thread