+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Fly wallet

Default Old Fly wallet

I have an old leather fly wallet I'm looking to sell. Not sure on the exact age, but the wallet has some detailed scrolling on the outside, comes with over a dozen old streamers, some tied with jungle cock. Also included is what I'm assuming is the original owners license, a PA license from 1950, and a package of Folsom hooks. I have pictures to show all of this, please email me if interested.
    Asking $45

Thanks
    Doug
    Dougd1621@gmail.com

Dear Doug,
    We certainly welcome new folks, but I will tell you from long experience that people who very recently join FAOL and only post For Sale items usually don't do well at selling. Our readers like to think you've been around a bit, perhaps posted to some topic which interests you so people get to know you before you attempt to sell stuff. You have 3 posts here on FAOL all selling stuff. Just giving you fair warning.
    LF

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    Dear Doug,
    We certainly welcome new folks, but I will tell you from long experience that people who very recently join FAOL and only post For Sale items usually don't do well at selling. Our readers like to think you've been around a bit, perhaps posted to some topic which interests you so people get to know you before you attempt to sell stuff. You have 3 posts here on FAOL all selling stuff. Just giving you fair warning.
    LF
    BIG thumbs up

Default Thanks

Well thanks for the heads up...However I've been following FAOL for about 10 years now...It was the first site I really spent alot of time learning from when I first started fly fishing in highschool....Particularly tying flies. Going through college, taking online classes, moving into my own home with a new computer, some where along those lines I changed emails, lost most of my usernames and passwords and now I just dont do alot of posting on any boards anymore and I'm trying to drum up funds for a new reel.
    Again thanks for the heads up, but the wallet didnt get much interest so Im gonna move it to ebay, I have no idea how much this things worth, and Im obviously not using it.
    Thanks
    Doug

Some of us who may be interested have been watching our fly tying and fishing funds going into the gas tank.

+ Reply to Thread