+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change the wording on the home page?

Default Change the wording on the home page?

The word FEATURES to me(early on as a member) meant to me "features of the site"(meaning how the site works or options in using the site) and not Features as in ARTICLES.
    Maybe change it to Featured Articles? Might get more traffic in reading them?
    Just a thought.
    In my profession I am constantly on guard as to how I word things and when I see something that can be misconstrued, I feel a compelling urge to mention it
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Blog Entries

Hello Big Bad Wulff

I understand exactly what you are suggesting. When I first found FAOL, I recall thinking the same. On other sites, the feature link gave a quick snap shot of what a newbie will find on the site. I think it is something that may need to be considered.

Probably the most surprising thing to me...when I clicked on the Bulletin Board, there was no registration ( Join Us ) link in plain site. I was unable to find it and had to email several friends for help. Of course, I am not as young as I used to be and I do experience more Senior moments these days. There might be a few more like me out there.

"Glad" you had the same problem I did. I kept reading posts where people were talking about articles on the site and I never found them. I never thought about hitting the FEATURES link. It just meant something else to me.
    Maybe the word features is a geographical thing where one part of the county(or world) thinks one thing and in others it means something entirely different.

Along these lines in my profession I always am on guard as to how people interpret what I say. I know you have had an eye exam before and know what I mean. When I say "read the smallest line you can read" some people think that means "read the smallest line on the chart". Well, that can be mislead me to thinking they can't read anything on the chart if they say "I can't read anything". Also, with the "which is better 1 or 2" there are some people that think I mean the first row on the chart or the second and not, the first lens or the second lens. I am on constant guard as to how people interpret what I say. Just part of the job. And a serious illness when reading web sites
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

+ Reply to Thread