+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: an exciting off-topic announcement

Karli-Rae,

Congratulations to you and your beau!! Btw, the title of this forum is Fly Anglers Online, and since you're a Fly Angler and your Online, it can't be off-topic, but it can be exciting! LOL!!!!

All the best, Dave S.

Greetings from Iceland:

Hjartanlega til hamingju med trulofunina.

Last edited by thorarinna; 03-24-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: love is in the air

Hurray for you both - the late JC and I spend many years fishing together, as Trav and I will continue to do as long as we are physically able.
    It's good for the soul and tends to keep everything else in perspective. Very nice news!

nighthawk Guest

Your post really made my day! Congratulations to you both! While I am at it I will put in a plug for the Honey Moon Capital Niagara Falls or the Pocono Mountains here in Pa. Steel head in the Niagara River or native brookies in a Pa mount spring fed stream.

Personally if I had the money i would take Amy and off to New Zealand we would go.

Congratulations from a Michigander with a lot of connections in Iowa.
    Ring.............................................. .........................$1,000+
    Wedding........................................... ......................$5,000+
    Gates Au Sable Lodge............................................. .$90 per night
    Waking up with your best friend every morning..........PRICELESS!
    Working on 43 years with my best friend.
    mcsteff
    p.s. don't forget forgiveness.

Congradulations from Texas Karli-Rae.....is that Tim Magraw you are gonna marry?....Sure looks like eem.....best wishes to the both of you!!!
    I recommend for the honeymoon >Miami Florida for some Peacock bass fishin from Kayaks with Cordell Braum,the Bonefish Whisperer

Hi Karli-Rae,

Concerning Mike Thomas' note on the island and the fly fishing. He mentions that it is right in the middle of whale season, and he also mentions bone fishing.

My own though is that in spite of the fact that it is whale season, I would ignore the whale fly fishing, and just fly fish for the bone fish.

I don't know for certain, having never fly fished for whales, but my guess is that it might take something like a 75 weight fly rod. If you buy such a rod, you will probably never have a chance to use it again for the rest of your lives.

Further, I would guess that it would take a really big NFL lineman to be big and stout enough to cast a 75 weight fly rod. Take my advise....if you do choose to whale fish, RENT the fly rod, DO NOT BUY.

No, if you are going to fly fish there, stick with the bonefish, and ignore the whale fly fishing.

Regards,

Gandolf

Congratulations! I wish you nothing but happiness for the years ahead.
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

Blog Entries

CONGRATS Karli-Rae! You can't beat North Arkansas for fishing, just sayin.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi Karli,

That's wonderful news. Congratulations. Fishing or not, may you have a wonderful honeymoon and wonderful life together. 8T

+ Reply to Thread