+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for thoughts on original-style Dodge Durango as fishing/guiding/towing rig

Default Looking for thoughts on original-style Dodge Durango as fishing/guiding/towing rig

I already posted this question over at another board and got pretty much universal thumbs down due to poor reliability and mileage at or below that of full-size rigs. I'm cross-posting here to see if anyone has anything good to say. I am looking at a 2003 Durango SXT with the 2WD/4Lock transfer case and 4.7 liter engine. Frankly, I like the looks, size, and features of the rig, so I'm really hoping to read some counterpoints, but I'm also not stupid, so if it's a bad rig, I'd like even more confirmation. Thanks.

You might want to check out this link. Also, click on the "recall" icon for information on that subject.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Dodge/Durango/2003/

One of my neighbors down in SE Idaho had one of that vintage, at least from about that time, and didn't keep it all that long.

It seems to me that a lot of those rigs had a serious problem in the front end suspension. Serious enough that every time I saw one I wondered about it.

John
    The fish are always right.

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Howdy Longs ....... I know at least ten fellas and two or three gals who have or had Durangos..... Never, not one single time
    have I ever heard ANY of them say " dang that's a great rig !" or anything even close to that. Negative only, mostly in the areas of reliability, cost to repair, fuel mileage ( actual compared to advertised ) and resale value. It's too bad, because it's a good vehicle size and configuration. I would certainly avoid them, however. Just my 2 cents..............................Modoc Dan

+ Reply to Thread