+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unbelievable

Blog Entries

Default Unbelievable

Fished from 11am until 5pm today. The same waterway. The action was fast and furious. I had the best half day fishing for browns in my life. This stream obviously does NOT get fished very often.

I did not break the 20 inch mark but came close. I landed the most 17 inch plus trout "ever" in one outing. I walked back to the truck after hitting the 75 trout mark.

http://lenharris.blogspot.com/2011/03/unbelievable.html

WOW! Now that is what I call a fishing report! Sounds like you had a great time. BTW, on your walk back to your truck, did your feet ever touch the ground!: )
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    WOW! Now that is what I call a fishing report! Sounds like you had a great time. BTW, on your walk back to your truck, did your feet ever touch the ground!: )
    Mine wouldn't have. I think my best DAY totals 8 - 10.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Kevin,

I have only had one 75 fish day, but, they were not 17" fish! They were 12" to 14", but, they sure were fun and it took most of the day and a lot of walking and wading.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Spinner,

What an incredible day! Thanks for sharing; loved the picture of the water you shared. I would loved to have been on the bank watching you shouting (well, in a quiet whisper only I could hear "You da man").

Earlier this year I had an experience I won't forget. Fished a stretch of water I had been passing by for 8 years thinking the water was too deep. Lot's of wind, but I saw fish rising when the wind died enough to see the dimples. I got set up and was fishing up river. The water never got more than waist deep I was using a 9ft 5wt Sage FLI (got it from WarrenP) and fishing a dry/dropper with an 18 foot leader. I caught a fish on the second cast, then another, then another and it continued for 4.5 hours. I caught two fish that were under 14 inches. This was what was so amazing .... the average size of fish. Not monsters or brutes, but really solid fish. I don't know how many I caught but what I do remember is the sheer joy of it all. A day that I'll never forget. I had fished the previous two days and was planning on leaving at noon on the third day. I was fatigued, cold, and ready to go home by 4:00. I left rising fish. Hard to do, but I had a three hour ride to get home.

+ Reply to Thread