+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spring I hope

Blog Entries

Kelly, those don't look like green drakes on the water. More like a mallard hatch!

Saw some little dark stoneflies coming off the Potomac today. As soon as Simms sends my boots back, I need to head up to the nearest freestoner to see if the trout are looking up.

Regards,
    Scott

The fish are still pounding the Muskrat.
    This was my first float of the year. Discovered a leak in my waders, but still had a blast!

The elk have moved to the river bottom. Saw one 360 class bull but couldnt get a pic.
    Last edited by DUB; 03-06-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Yep we are on the brink of spring. i like the transition. I got s a smaller tent for quick over night camping as soon as the temp gets to the point where I think I can stay warm at night I'm gonna give it a try. I may jump the gun and wake up like a Popsicle ...lo
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb View Post
    Yep we are on the brink of spring. i like the transition. I got s a smaller tent for quick over night camping as soon as the temp gets to the point where I think I can stay warm at night I'm gonna give it a try. I may jump the gun and wake up like a Popsicle ...lo
    By the end of the float yesterday I was doubting that Spring is on the way. I was feeling like a popsicle myself!

Blizzard!!! lol We got alot of rain yesterday. then, SNOW! yea! water table is up! The snow was fast and hard, wind blowing no seeing driving wet snow. It was way cool driving across the mountain last night. Wish I had a pic. I was like what the heck lol anyway its still kinda warm and I'm headed out for work but will get to enjoy snow covered mountains on the way. Perhaps Mr. winter wanted to have the last word.....
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread