+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7' 3wt 4pc

Default 7' 3wt 4pc

This one the customer supplied the parts for so not sure of the make of the blank, but I "think" it might be an older Winston model due to the size, color and spigot ferules.

It's more or less a straight forward build without all the "flash" on it. It's got a slide band mortised reel seat, a short 5" long grip which is what the owner likes on his rods, metal winding check, double foot snake guides, black main wraps with 3 turns of metallic green as trim bands.

Steve

Elegantly simple or simply elegant.

Classy build from a classy builder.

MCFR,

That really is a beautiful piece of wood in that reel seat - one of the nicest I've seen. Could that be a Hardy rod? I have a Smuggler with those type ferules. I thought their shorter rods were green. Mine is burgundy and is an 8' 2 1/2" ,7 pc. 6wt. Anyway, very nice - the wraps are about as complimentary as they can get. Pretty little rod overall. The case reminds me of a Winston! The rod sack doesn't look like it came from Hardy? If you find out, please let us know - now I'm really curious! (nosey) LOL!!

Best regards, Dave S.

That reel seat is positively gorgeous. Bellinger? Also interested in knowing what type of wood that is. Excellent build.

Featherbender- The customer supplied the reel seat but I'm pretty sure it is a Bellinger seat. Not 100% sure but it looks to be the "Varnished Black Ash" seat that they offer.

Fishdog- you could be right I had forgot that Hardy even offered blanks so that may be a possibility as well.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread