+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of you with cabin fever...

Default For those of you with cabin fever...

... this probably isn't going to help! Me and two buddies went to a local dock today that's situated over a brushpile for winter time crappie fishing. Well, the crappie get pretty finicky since the fishing pressure at this place is insane. However, nobody fishes for bluegills! We decided to target them the past two trips... Here's this morning's mess:

43 bluegills and 5 crappie! I know it isn't fly fishing, but watching the spring bobbers go down is (in my opinion) almost as addicting!
    Fly fishing season is just around the corner!!

Zac
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

That's sad. Just plain sad! I'm going to go sit in the corner now, and pout! Boy, some help for cabin fever you are!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Zac,

Get the grease hot that will be some fine eating! Very nice haul for winter fishing.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Chris,
    The grease will get heated up tomorrow after church! I invited my grandparents over so we could share some fillets with them.

Betty,
    Come to the fish-in and we'll get ya fed proper. If it's anything like last year, you won't be disappointed OR be able to eat for about a week!

I am proud to see someone catchin some quantities of fish >way-toooo-go man.
    Zac have you ever tried blending "Zatarans and a package of White Gravy mix" together? Oh and a dash of Lemon Pepper as well
    thats the only way I'll cook fish anymore.....just seems to give it a different flavor.

Uh-oh. Looks like you upset Betty! If anyone sees a newt or a toad on the highway in the Wichita/Newton, Ks area. Be sure to swerve and misss him, he might be someone we know
    Last edited by Bluegill222; 02-27-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Jeffro- I have never heard of mixing gravy mix in. I'll have to give that a shot. I use Louisiana Fish Fry "seasoned" mix with a good dose of Tony Chachare's cajun spice in it... it's my favorite! Dang good with crappie and gills.

Tim, I am working on my EP minnows, getting ready for white bass!

Betty what you doing wensday? It is going to be sunny and I know where to catch bluegills ON A FLY ROD. I will gladly take you.
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

Quote Originally Posted by quivira kid View Post
    Jeffro- I have never heard of mixing gravy mix in. I'll have to give that a shot. I use Louisiana Fish Fry "seasoned" mix with a good dose of Tony Chachare's cajun spice in it... it's my favorite! Dang good with crappie and gills.

Tim, I am working on my EP minnows, getting ready for white bass!
    Yes Sir Zac just put 1 package of White Gravy Mix for each Package of Lousiana Fish fry and mix it all up really good and add some Lemon Pepper but not too much or it'll be too salty....its gonna have a lighter crust....You can even use the Sausage flavored White Gravy mix....its good as well

Zac, I can't help but notice how well colored those gills are for this early in the year. Are you sure you didn't just put every fish you caught all last year in the freezer so you could get them out now and take this picture in an attempt to torment us? Just asking...
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

+ Reply to Thread