+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Temple Fork TiCr vs. TiCr-X

Default Temple Fork TiCr vs. TiCr-X

Is there anyone out there that has cast and/or fished these two rods and can give me info on how they differ and which you like better?

I will be buying one or the other this Friday.

I have a TFO 7 wgt TiCr and, IMHO, it is a great rod for me and they are a greeat company. I broke the tip and for 25.00 had it back in a week like, if not new. There is a difference between the 2 rods, the TiCr is a little stiffer/faster. A lot also depends on the weight rod you are looking at, they change below a 6 weight. If you can't cast it first see if there is a return policy.

------------------

I'm not sure if they will let me try each one of them out or not. I will ask and would love to "try b4 U buy" but you know how most shops are.

I've got a professional series 5wt that I love but want something a litte faster for my 7wt.

I don't know how most shops are but if they don't let you throw the rods you are interested in then go somewhere else. I have a shop near me that will let you take any rod out in the parking lot and compare. That's why I have purchased all my rods there!

In fact I threw the TiCr and the TiCrx in an 8wt and also the Sage Fli-890-4. Ended up with the Sage. I just prefered the action for my taste. Good luck.

------------------
    "A smart man learns from his mistakes,
    A wise man learns from others"

I have the TFO TICR X in 7wt. While I can't tell you about the TICR my X is a rocket launcher. It's took me a while to get used to the casting stroke but in practicing with it I pulled a bunch of line off the reel and executed what is for me a normal double haul and instead of reaching from one side of my yard to the other, the line shot across my yard, my neighbors yard and halfway into the next guy's yard. I was in shock and awe. To me the great thing about this rod is that you can feel everything the line is telling you and it tells you a lot if you care to listen. I haven't had a chance to fish it yet but I can see it'll be a great shad rod. Come on 50 degrees!

Can anyone compare the TiCRX to the Reddington CPS? I'm very curious! Migs

I can't imagine a fly shop that won't let you try a rod. Even our local big box store Sportsman's Warehouse will let you test cast a rod.

Jeremy

I agree with the other answers. When I have been looking at rods in a fly shop, they alway offer me a chance to cast them outside. I can not remember an instance where that did not happen. They usually have a place out back to try the rods out.

+ Reply to Thread