+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headed to Mississippi soon for Redfish

Default Headed to Mississippi soon for Redfish

Hi,
    It's been awhile since I posted, I've been fishing for trout mostly the last couple of years. Anyways, I'm headed down south to Biloxi, Mississppi next month hoping to do some redfishing near Keesler AFB. Planning on going out to Ship Island, anyone have any suggestions for fishing that area. Not planning on going out with a guide, not enouph time to spend a whole day or spend the money. Going to tie some clousers up soon.

-JK

From the Base newspaper: I will try to remember to check with my friend who lives about 30 miles north of Gulfport and live you a report. I'm thinking there won't be a lot of people flinging line down there.
    Delacroix, La. fishing site — two self-contained trailers for rent, $50 per night. Maximum four per trailer. Bring linens and cooking utensils. Louisiana fishing license required.
    Pontoon boat training —to rent a pontoon you must take a test and be certified. Call for information.
    Deep sea fishing private charter - Compressed work schedule Fridays and Sundays aboard the Keesler Dolphin II. $75 per person includes everything you need to fish. Payment due upon reservation. Minimum 15, maximum 22 people. For reservation, call 377-3160.
    Deep sea fishing private charter - — rent Dolphin II, $850 for first six people, $60 each additional person. $350 deposit required.
    Back Bay cruiser — 17-foot vessel for rent. Mississippi boater registration card required. For prices, call 377-3160.
    Canoe trips — for more information, call 377-3160.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

My cousin is a Master Chief in the Coast Guard there. I will call him tomorrow and see whats up.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Talked with my friend this morning, he did not have a suggestion. I had a thought, check with the local golf courses about fishing water hazards. You probably will not catch redfish but bass and bream could be good.

From my friend about 30 miles north of the Gulf

"His best bet would be off some of the local piers or docks. Some folks catch fish that way, but usually not too many reds. If he has a boat then probably upper Back Bay around the Biloxi River area or either over at Pascagoula around the mouth of the river near the shipyard. "

Go to O'Sullivans seafood in Pascagoula and tell Jenny O'Sullivan I said to let you fish off the piers there. She is an awesome lady.......They are near the ship yard.....
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

+ Reply to Thread