+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warnings!

Talking Warnings!

We're seeing really awful weather forecasts for a lot of the US, please be careful out there and watch out for each other. Please feel free to post here on the storms and your situation/conditions - use FAOL as a emergency 'letter post'. We will keep all of you in our prayers!.
    Hugs,
    LF

Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri are supposed to get hammered. All you guys stay safe and warm. Hold down.......spring will make it eventually.
    Arkansas State Coordinator for Reel Recovery
    Board Member of Fly Fishing Federation Southern Council

Cold Guest

Southwest PA is supposed to get 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice, after a few inches of snow, all overnight.

Be careful on your morning commutes, Yinzers.

Just a few inches of snow in the Golden area, but windchills thru Wed morning of -20 to -35...Brrrrrrrrr

Blog Entries

It will be brisk in the Denver area with lows tonight being around -9 to -11 with wind chills to -20. High tomorrow at -2. They actually canceled school in many districts tomorrow. I never got a snow day for cold weather. They might have let us in early for temps like this, but we still went to school.

This is right balmy when I compare it to Jan 1, 1974 on a well head 5 miles north of Medicine Bow, Wy. It hit -30 with 30 mph winds New Year's Eve and got all the way up to -21 with the same wind New Year's Day. THAT was cold!

We only have about an inch of snow a bit south of Chewydog.
    Last edited by kbproctor; 02-01-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Well,,,, 0 or so tomorrow, 20 to 30 mph winds, wind chill,, DAMN COLD!! Our daughter in Upland Nebraska, says even colder for them. The daughter in Elpaso TX says below freezing and high winds even down there.
    We have had at least two inches of snow, that stayed and didn't get blown away, Everyone STAY WARM!!!! The wind chills make it DEADLY out there!!
    Last edited by Byron Zuehlsdorff; 02-01-2011 at 01:45 AM.
    Wyo-Blizzard

We, here in Northern Illinois have been forewarned of a 24" snow accumulation between Tuesday afternoon and Thursday. Being a sKeptic of weather NEWSMEN, I'll believe it when I see it. In any case mother nature, BRING IT ON!

Mark

our temps dropped 30 degrees in about 45 minutes here tonitght and is now officially snowwin like crazy....

matter a fact my Daughter and Granbabies got sunburned this afternoon and now at the freezing point.
    Last edited by jeffro; 02-01-2011 at 03:34 AM.
    I can't seem ta find the sweet taste of the stream

My outside faucet just started spraying water. It was an anti siphon/frost proof variety. No other turn off on that line. Too cold to worry about it tonight. Not to worry though...The National Weather Service just canceled their Winter Weather Advisory...Still calling for -20 to -35 wind chill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chewydog View Post
    My outside faucet just started spraying water. It was an anti siphon/frost proof variety. No other turn off on that line. Too cold to worry about it tonight. Not to worry though...The National Weather Service just canceled their Winter Weather Advisory...Still calling for -20 to -35 wind chill.
    Anything I can do to help? I'm not that far away.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

+ Reply to Thread