+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trout with a bonus carp!

Default Trout with a bonus carp!

Finally able to get out after being sick from mid Nov. through almost the end of Feb. Stubborn case of the "crud" that I just couldn't shake. Had abnormally warm weather last four days running about 15 degrees above normal; but, accompanied by 20-30 mph winds. Used a Prince nymph almost exclusively. Nothing much else was effective. Yesterday a big carp happened to slurp up the Prince and we danced up and down and across the river for a bit. Estimate it at about four pounds; not too large, but plenty good for the 6x tippet. Now tying with or de-barbing my hooks and haven't lost any that I'd attribute to that reason. Easy removal without even touching the fish. And, even better when contemplating a possible me own self hook up and need to remove! Sure feels good to get out and fish again; now, if it'll just rain some and fill the river a mite.

Congrats! Just yesterday I saw a 25 LB common(im sure of the size) right near my fly but some people had to make noise wehile they walked by and scared the thing away. I had a nice chum bed going, with bluegill, trout, and carp all feeding at the same spot and time.

Hopefully being able to get out and do some fishing will help rid you of the crud. I know it does wonders for the shack nasties. Glad to hear you caught some fish. Carp are a heck of a good fight on a fly rod and some rain would deffinately be nice.

------------------
    Terry Quality flies~ great prices..www.teflyfishing.com

+ Reply to Thread