+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having to move and I dislike moving....

Default Having to move and I dislike moving....

Been renting the same house for 20 years.

Owner didn't pay his mortgae, so the place got foreclosed on and we have to move...

I do not like to move, which is why we've been in this house so long.

Do you have any idea how much unnessary crap you can accumulate in 20 years? I've been to the dump three times already with full loads, and it looks like I got at least another three or so to go...

Did I mention I don't like to move.

The point of this is that today is 'move the computer/TVs and Phone' day because the cable guy (hopefull it will be Larry, I could use a laugh about now) is coming to the new place tomorrow and needs the stuff in place so he can hook it all up again. So the 'puter will be down for a couple of days.

That will deprive all of you briefly of my wit and wisdom, and for that I am truly sorry. I expect you all will survive this.

Probably should have posted this under the 'laughs' thread....someday the whole thing will be funny.

I do so hate to move.

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

I hear ya, Buddy! Good luck with the move!

Jeff

Buddy, When that happened to me I bought the house so I wouldnt have to move. I hope you get Larry the cable guy and not that freak Jim Carey. Good luck. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Buddy,

Look at it as an early 'spring cleaning'.

I hope you ran a credit check on the new landlord to ensure you want be moving anytime soon.

Best wishes on the new place.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

You rented the same place for 20 years!?!?! Wow! Why not just buy the place?

Blog Entries

if it makes you feel any better, we moved every two or three years and found that the 10,000 mile moves were a cinch, so were the 4,000 mile moves. the worst was the last, only 8 miles, though one of the ones before that, only 6 miles, was a close second. the reason is that it is a whole lot easier to throw/give away and sell stuff when your moving r-e-a-l-l-y far away because you know life will probably be different. when you only move a little way and keep the same dentist and supermarket and dry cleaner, you hate to get rid of stuff because it just might come in handy...

yes, of course, if it didn't come in handy in the last 20 years, it won't now, but You Never Know, Do You?

Prayers and Best Wishes, esp. re internet/cable.
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

It may not be funny now, but two years from now you'll look back on this, laugh nervously, and quickly change the subject.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Even with the long moves, all our junk seemed to stick to us like trout to cold water. We keep adding to the piles, though. What a shame none of our junk is worth anything!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Did we miss the garage sale? You know you need to thin out those extra rod and reels they are such a pain to pack.

Seriously, moving is a bigger pain everytime, probably because we have accumulated more stuff. We now have a 2,000+ sq. ft. basement and the STUFF has expanded since we moved here. Of course, we also have a lot of the kids' stuff stored down here too. I have a friend who is a retired NFL player/coach (Jim "Gummy" Carr), he and his wife are now in their 14th house and lived in 13 different apartments. His wife always did the move as Jim had gone on to start the new job. Last move up to Indy to be close to family, Jim was totally lost on what to do to help with the move. For the PA gang, Jim was a safety on the 1960 Eagle's team, if you see the end of the championship game he and then Bederack hit Jim Taylor on the last play to win the game.

Sorry Buddy didn't mean to hijack the thread, good luck with the move, if I were in the hood I would volunteer to help out.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

You think you have junk? My wife has lived in this house for 33 years. The only lady of the house this house has ever known. I have lived here for 26 years. We raised 6 kids in this house and parts of several grandkids. We could open our own Goodwill Store.

I hate to move, too. We have stayed here because the thought of moving scares the he!! out of us! You have my heartfelt sympathy.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

+ Reply to Thread