+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FISHING ON SMALL STREAMS - Readers Cast - Dr. Hugo Gibson - January 3, 2011

Dang the secrets getting out...lol
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Small Streams....like this? That's my partner takin' it all in. I love 'em. We hardly see a soul all day long.

"As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

Ooooooo, oooooooo, I just rembered the name of the little town it was outside of, Centennial! I'm going to google earth it...exciting, lol.

TT

Just looked, couldn't find the name of the creek, but that's it.

TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderthumbs View Post
    Ooooooo, oooooooo, I just rembered the name of the little town it was outside of, Centennial! I'm going to google earth it...exciting, lol.

TT
    TT,
    I don't think you'll find it outside Centennial....Try typing in "Heaven".
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

Hairwing,

You were right, I couldn't find it outside Centennial, but Heaven worked just fine! I just wish I'd had a camera back then to take pictures...my mind is still good for now though, lol.

TT.

I'm surrounded by great small streams here in Damascus. I use a little cortland 3 wt too! there's bigger streams close by that have great reputations for trout, but when I can walk or ride my bike to a stream and have a great day of fishing, I can't seem to get myself worked up to load the truck and make the ride to the bigger ones. Thanks for the thoughts Doc. If you're ever in SW VA shoot me a PM and I'll put you on some great small stream fishing. We might even be able to walk to it!

Thanks for the story,kinda tells what this sport is all about

Hugo
    I thought Brush Creek Campground was closer to Saratoga but that was 40 years ago. On the way back from the Tetons on that trip, my bride and I were going to camp there but every camp was full. On both sides of the pass. Fortunately we made it up the west side, then coasted the next twenty miles to Centennial's only gas station which had just turned out its lights when it came into view. I had visions of us camping at the station because we were out of fuel but the nice fellow opened the station, turned on the pumps and we got filled up. Lovely thoughts about Centennial ever since.
    Mark

Hugo,
    I heartily believe that I have pictures of that very stream! But, ummm, let's not let that information out, ech?
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread