+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing at Disney World

Default Fishing at Disney World

I've been told to take my rod along on an upcoming vacation to Disney World.

I read that you can fish the canals around the Frontier Wilderness campground but are there any other places to fish where I wouldn't be violating any rules.

Any info would be appreciated.
    --------
    Rich

I went to Disney World a couple of years ago with my wife. She went shopping, I went fishing. You can hire a guide, boat and he will even include gear if you want. I did and had a great time. One on One in a nice boat and went went to the canals you mentioned. I caught Largemouth Bass, no other species. I hired him for 4 hours and I can't remember who much it was but it was very reasonable. We stayed at one of the hotels in the park and the front desk arranged everything. Have fun, go fish. Jonezee

------------------
    I learn more about the world while talking to myself when fishing alone

Quillg - A correction to my post. I did not fish the pond at Frontier Land, rather the many canals in and around the park. It seemed like they went forever, we wove in and around beautiful homes, backswamps and along pathways. Again, I think you will have a good time. If you have children, there was room for 2 or 3 in the boat.

I've seen several guys hauling bass boats around in the immediate vicinity. And I have heard you can hire bass guides to fish right there in the area like the previous poster described. But I don't know about just taking a pole and freelancing it.

------------------
    My New Year's resolution is to have more fun...even if YOU don't.

There are many lakes and canals in that area as well as rivers and creeks.

There are also many places to rent boats and canoes in and around the resort area and the campground and contemporary hotel rent fishing boats.

The fishing is excellent for bass, both largemouth and peacock in some places, as well as some fantastic bluegill fishing right around the docks. If you get up early you will often see guides poling and cruisng the docks and shoreline with early morning clients.

I would recommend a 5/6 and a 2/3 wt as a starting point. Nearby Tampa also has a host of saltwater fishing options where a 10 to 15 weight is handy depending on the season.

There are many guides both in and around the 'Magic Kingdom' and as always the easiest and best shortcut to fishing a new area is always to hire a local professional guide....unless you are one of those folks who prefer renting a car and driving yourself around in a strange inner city over flagging a cab down, then by all means have at it solo! The fun is in the survival, LOL.

+ Reply to Thread