+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas swap results thread

That is AWESOME!!!
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

AlbaSurf

Thank You

And Yes, Dave P63, they are awesome.

How about the artwork, everybody? Very talented person there.

George

I opened my present today and i'd like to thank the gentleman from CT for the great additions to my fly tying efforts. There were spools of tying thread in the nice package that i'm nearly out of....200yd spools at that!....5 of my favorites and 3 more that i'll surely use. On top of that there was a pack of extra strong #8 nymph hooks that i will definitely be tying up some smallie flies with. Merry Christmas to you sir and to all.

Happy Holidays,

MontanaMoose

So a big thank you goes out to my Secret Santa, Jason "hungNtree". I received a gently used book of "Universal Fly Tying Guide by Dick Stewart".

I have been through this book twice since opening it and I can see why this book was awarded the Book of the Year by United Fly Tyers, Inc.

Thank You Jason and there is nothing wrong with how you wrap a present.

Respectfully,
    Sean
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

[Thank You Jason and there is nothing wrong with how you wrap a present.

If only my wife agreed with that statement! lol I hope that helps you win your bet with your wife Sean!
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Been meaning to get on here for a few days and thank Santa (aka, John R.) for the great gifts. A dubbing twister and a fly box with a baker's dozen of flies showed up in my stocking. I've been thinking about getting a dubbing twister for a while but now I can stop thinking about it! The flies look great and one always needs another fly box. Thanks John, I mean Santa.

Happy New Year everyone!

Blog Entries

My apologies to my wonderfully thoughtful Secret Santa, Modocdan, for posting this so late. Dan sent me a great assortment of materials for my upcoming nymph fly swap. I received several packages of Tiemco nymph hooks, a pack of mini tarantu-leggs (I've never used these before and I am quite excited!), a pack of natural peacock herl, and black goose biots. Thanks so much for such a thoughtful gift!
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Blog Entries

My gift finally arrived. I knew it would. It got delivered originally to a neighbor who was too lazy to bring it two doors down, sent back to Santa and then sent back to me. It was a long haul, but it arrived and I am thrilled!

The best way to describe it is a magnificent "Pile-O-Wood" for reel seats or pens! Walnut, Hickory, Wild Cherry, Padauk, Zebra, Cocobolo, White Elm, Sweet Maple, and some 100 yr old Oak. I am beside myself with what to turn first! We are not talking single pen blanks, either! The pieces are 3/4' x 3/4" anywhere from 10" long to 18" long. I think I died and went to heaven. This is simply too cool! It was truly worth the wait and anticipation.

Thank you so much Lake Erie High Ball!

Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Kevin,

Whooooo! Hoooooooo!! When you gonna be postin some more seat blanks???? Can't wait to see em! I'm goin over to the rod building forum and wait! Will I see some rollin off the presses by 6:30 pm? That gives you 7 no 6 no 5 minutes. Get on it!!! LOL!!!!

Best regards, Dave S.
    Last edited by fishdog54; 01-11-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Mis-spelled Whoooooo! Hoooooo! LOL!

Blog Entries

Actually, this evening I went down to the VFW and helped my Men's Auxiliary buddies sell burgers and to drink a little beer. The really good thing about this is that my wife does not drink and is my designated driver. Tomorrow, however, I will be making some shavings!

The biggest problem I am going to have is deciding what wood to use first! It is all beautiful stuff! Maybe the purple heart or zebra wood. I was told zebra wood smells like dog poo when turned. I gotta find out if he was pulling my leg or not.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

+ Reply to Thread