+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Canadian Fly Fisher Magazine

Default The Canadian Fly Fisher Magazine

I just received a letter from Mr. Chris Marshall, who is the Editor and Publisher of "The Canadian Fly Fisher Magazine" has gone out of business! I subscribed to the magazine after meeting Mr. Chris Marshall at the 2001 FAOL Fish -In at the Delaware River Club. Since I live in Minnesota and Ontario borders on the State I live in, it was only natural to subscribe to a magazine that had a lot in common with what I fish for in Minnesota.

So after 12-years, "The Canadian Fly Fishers Magazine" is no more. but I do have all 12 years of the issues, since I purchase the back issues for the years before I subscribed to the magazine. Mr. Marshall ran a good publication, but being good does not guarantee a person success given their honest best efforts.

~Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 12-21-2010 at 05:48 PM.
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Steven,

Although I like getting information on line, I am one of those people that enjoy reading books and magazines. At one point I had subscriptions to about 24 mags, most being fly fishing & tying related. I'm down to 4 or 5 now, with two of those coming from conservation groups. Why? Two words: Da Economy!! It pains me, not just because I'M not getting all those magazines, but also that I"m not able to help keep those magazines viable! That goes for fly shops that USED to get some of my support (business) also. My disposable cash is being sucked into that void known as the "cost of living/existing".

Best regards, Dave S.

The Canadian Fly Fisher magazine is going to be an on-line publication, come the new year.

"We are emailing to give you an update on the Canadian Fly Fisher magazine as a lot has happened in the past few months. Unfortunately we must report that the Canadian Fly Fisher has ceased publication as the company that published it, Albion Enterprises, has gone out of business.
    However, we (The New Fly Fisher) recently bought the assets of the CFF from the bank and intend on continuing publication of the magazine - only as an online issue.
    The New Fly Fisher television show has been in production for ten years and as an educational series reflected many of the great aspects of the CFF. It seemed only natural that we would twin the two synergies into a great magazine. The New Fly Fisher magazine will have many of the same great writers and departments you loved in the CFF plus it will have writers from The New Fly Fisher television series. Writers such as Phil Rowley, Brian Chan, Bill Spicer and Tom Rosenbauer. Even the editor, Chris Marshall, has agreed to stay on and continue his fantastic editorial work.
    Of importance to you all, this new magazine will be bigger and have a great deal more content than before. From in-depth articles discussing techniques and tackle to locations and species specific information, this new magazine will provide you with outstanding value. Additionally, The New Fly Fisher magazine will include videos which will help highlight fly fishing techniques and destinations, lots of on-camera hardcore educational information and entertainment. Best of all, this new online magazine will work with all computers and pda's such as iPads.
    The first issue will come out in February, the sample cover is below. In the near future we will send a further update on our progress with the magazine. Whatever amount of time you had left in your subscription will be honoured. If you have a problem receiving your issues, please contact us right away.
    Though it is the sad end of the Canadian Fly Fisher magazine, it is the beginning of a new magazine that will be as good as and even better than it was when in print. Everyone involved is dedicated to crafting the best online magazine available. We look forward to your input as we progress with this new initiative."

Thank you,
    JenCor Entertainment Inc.
    25 B Northside Road
    Ottawa, ON K2H8S1

+ Reply to Thread