+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Download-able videos?

Bass_Bug Guest

Default Download-able videos?

Does anyone know of any web sites like <www.flyfishohio.com> that has download-able videos? I'm looking for (preferably mp4's) fly tying videos for my iPod I can download and view offline. Flyfishohio.com has a Fly-of-the-Month Podcast available streamed or optional download and save. Most videos on You Tube are streamed and can only be viewed on line.

Normand Guest

roger

on the old fly tyer forum, i think we discussed the following website http://www.idesktop.tv/ that allows you to download youtube videos

i think the free version only allows 3 downloads per day

there is always GOOGLE to find other software that allows downloading videos if the one above doesnt suit your needs.

http://www.google.com/search?source=...+drive&aq=o&oq=
    Last edited by Normand; 12-07-2010 at 06:46 PM.

I suppose I'm missing something here...but, for example, I downloaded 4 or 5 videos on roll casting to my computer. Just to check I just now went off line and then played a video with no difficulty.

If I wanted to couldn't I download them from my computer to say an ipod?

Bass_Bug Guest

Thanks Norm, I'll check that out again. I think I still have it bookmarked.

Duck, If you can d/l it you can indeed put it on the iPod, but many You Tube vids cant be downloaded. I'm looking for vids I can d/l.
    Last edited by Bass_Bug; 12-07-2010 at 10:43 PM.

I'm not sure I've run a across a problem but I don't spend a whole lot of time on utube.... but I think significant. I wonder if it makes a difference that I use a download manager software?

these are the fly fishing podcasts I have subscribed too that have actual tying videos.
    adventures in fly tying - fly fish ohio (you mentioned this one already)
    rise from the studio
    fly fishing connection
    fly tying ITV - FFOTW.com

if you search for them in podcasts on Itunes you should find them, that is how I found them. as far as other websites the only other one that I know about is the one that Parnelli mentioned one time http://www.kwsu.org/Offers/FlyTying.aspx

Bass_Bug Guest

Thanks Jeremy. Fly Tyer The Anglers Art is what got me started doing this. several years ago you could d/l and save the files. They've changed it since. Now they are blocked form being saved.

I'll check out the other sites you mentioned.

Thanks all,

Always good stuff from the folks here on FAOL. I'M just a babe in the woods when it comes to all this computer stuff - a lot to catch up on!

Best regards, Dave S.

If you use Firefox, go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ and click "Popular." The second item in the list will allow you to download embedded videos (as in, from Youtube and elsewhere). Some vid makers may not like you downloading, but a lot won't. That's why we put the stuff up for free. I state in the intro screen to Parks Fly Shop's videos that they can be freely distributed as long as they aren't changed.

+ Reply to Thread