+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new rod

Default new rod

Well, I'm going to do it. I'm picking up my very first bamboo rod today. I've always resisted it in the past, and I'm more than a little nervous about what this first rod may mean for my financial future but I can't resist anymore. Wish me luck, and keep my wallet in your prayers.

Jeremy

PS Don't anyone even THINK of suggesting that I rush out and buy a silk line to go with it.

nighthawk Guest

JermeyH,
    Be aware that fishing with bamboo is addictive! You are going to love it. My fly fishing started with a bamboo rod when I was a teenager. Like you, I recently purchased some bamboo. You can get plenty of good advice here on picking the proper line and care for the rod. Good luck and enjoy.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

Jeremy, let me know if I can give you any help steering you in the right direction.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

JeremyH,

Cast a grass stick with plastic line? Shame! Rush out and buy a worm poo line ASAP. (let me know how you like that new rod, silk line, etc)

REE

Are you gonna get a Silk line, or a Sylk line? I know the former os more traditionalist, but the latter is a very nice sub as I've read many times on the boards. Congrats, and tight lines

+ Reply to Thread