+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite snacks & beverages while tying?

Dr. Pepper on the rocks! Sometimes the wife will sneak in with something sweet to eat, or I will grab some dark chocolate M&M's I keep close. I tie sitting in a recliner, in front of our TV. I've got one of those lap desks, and it works out great. There's always the option of setting stuff down and zzzzzzzzzzzz...
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Ohiotuber,

Coffee or tea. Don't have anything playing in the background, because I won't be able to here the voices in my head! LOL!!!

Best regards, Dave S.

Normand Guest

i'll have a cup of coffee or something cold and non alcoholic nearby (after years on constantly being drunk, its nice to be sober).

no cheeze doodles to transfer onto tying materials (although the fish may like the taste!)

no smoking in the tying room anymore. the smoke transferred to the materials and the fish couldnt kick their nicotine habit!

Copenhagen, cappuccino and John Coltrane.....or maybe the Brute Force Steelband, or Wilson Pickett, or Percy Sledge, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, etc.

Music gets my toes and fingers going simultaneously. Miles to go before I fish?

...if you-oo eva, cha-ange yo meye-ind, about tyin, teye-eye-n aaalll those flies,
    bringem to me. Bring your sweet fly ties. Bring'em on ho-ome to me-eee.
    Last edited by pittendrigh; 11-30-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Don't have any food or drink at the tying dest. Either of themwould end up on the desk and materials.
    This way I don't have to clean up the mess after being a klutz.

Rick

Since I tie most every evening, I usually have something nearby in the way of refreshment - usually ice-water. I don't eat at the bench since I'm constantly using my fingers for something and sticky-gooey doesn't mix with rabbit hair dubbing . No alcohol. My father was an alcoholic for all of the days that I knew him and it ruined his life along with the lives of our family, so I just didn't think I wanted to follow that in my own life.

A good Dr. Pepper on the rocks hits the spot, but I have a bad habit of spilling my drinls, so I usually stick to ice-water.

Oh, and I do have my desk set up so I can watch TV. I have found that I can't tie without a little distraction.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hot coffee if I'm tying in the morning. Fruit flavored ice tea if I'm tying in the afternoon or evening. Seldom any food on the table but I will go for a snack if I get hungry. 8T

An occasional caffein-free diet Pepsi, but no food. TV going in an adjacent room for company, but the screen isn't in view. Too much distraction for me. It's tough for me to sit and tie the same pattern for more than a few flies. About the third one, it starts to become a chore, and by the time I've done a dozen of the same pattern, I think I've done a days work. It isn't efficient, but I change patterns often. Maybe if I ate and drank and watched the tv, I could stay with them a bit longer. Ya think?
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Lemonade or berry juice...like Normand, I used to tie with Bombay Gin martinis, but would wind up in strange places with strange people in strange situations...haven't found it necessary to imbibe in 16yrs. +...this stuff is killer when tying:

http://www.smokedmeats.com/jerky-beef-jerky.html

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"
    http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Z View Post
    Don't have any food or drink at the tying dest. Either of themwould end up on the desk and materials.
    This way I don't have to clean up the mess after being a klutz.

Rick
    That's my attitude as well.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread