+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dont do this...

Normand Guest

Default dont do this...

...or else!

oops it didnt work

Bass_Bug Guest

Very....anticlimactic Norm. But it still got my attention, short as it may be at times.

Normand Guest

i was trying to embed a video of an idiot chasing after a bison in yellowstone and the bison decided he didnt like it and turned his attention on the idiot.

Last edited by Normand; 11-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.

What the heck? It looked somebody threw a chunk of wood or something at the buffalo. Did they expect him to take kindly to being hit with a piece of wood or what? Some people are born stupid and they seem to get what they deserve. No sympathy from here.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Yes, but they're just so cute and cuddly. This could have happened to anyone - with half a brain!! I believe there are Grizzlies also available for petting? They're even cuter!!! Too much Walt Disney and not enough reality!!!! I hope they get fined for animal harassment, or just for being incredibly stupid!

Best regards, Dave S.

Quote Originally Posted by fishdog54 View Post
    ...I believe there are Grizzlies also available for petting? They're even cuter!!! Too much Walt Disney and not enough reality!!!!
    Funny you say this. Here in PA a hunter took an 879lb black bear and locals are upset because he was "tame". He was "tame" because he had been fed over the years by a resort employee and people could even walk up and pet him when he came around for scraps. They didn't see what a danger a nearly 900lb wild bear with a severely diminished fear of humans could be.

nighthawk Guest

If you watch that video again you will see that the bison tossed that piece of wood into the air himself. Also I am not making excuses for these folks but consider this; how many of you have gotten too close, intentionally or not, to potentially harmful wild critters while afield for the day and knew it too? I know I am not alone there. did they use poor common sense? Sure did, just like the fisher-person who gets so into their fishing that they walk out from under their hat midstream. Go figure.

While in Yellowstone during the summer of 1988 (the year of the fires) doing work for wolf recovery, we spotted a string of folks in evening wear, as in gowns, heels, dinner jackets, heading off into the woods. As we passed their line of cars on the roadside we asked a woman where they were going. Already breathless from getting back to the car for a camera, she explained that they had seen a large brown bear with a hump on it's back cross the road. They wanted close up pictures for the Rangers. What they were chasing into the woods was one of those Grizzlys available for petting. We departed the park before the carnage began.

The counter person at the snack bar at Fishing Bridge used to tape ice cream cone covers on his paper hat so they looked like horns and kept score of the buffalo/human encounters. When we left it was something like buffalo - 7, humans - 0.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    If you watch that video again you will see that the bison tossed that piece of wood into the air himself.
    Eric, you are correct. I hadn't noticed that the bufalo had tossed the wood up himself. Perhaps I was a bit harsh. Where I fished as a kid along the Rogue River in Southern Oregon the land owner raised bison. We learned early on to always keep a safe distance and keep a weary eye on them at all times. You just never know.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

They are call WILD animals for a reason. If it grew up in the great outdoors having to defend itself and it has sharp pointed things (i.e. horns, claws, teeth) protruding from parts of its body, it is best to keep your distance until you are prepared to dispatch it.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread