+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disc drag reels

rorsborn
    Battenkill questions. What is the difference between the cast and bar stock? Which one is made in China and is buying the USA model a better choice?

------------------
    she who dies with the most toy's wins.

I have the FLP890 Fly Logic reel. Wow, does that reel have capacity. It was a good price, the drag is fine and it looks good too. I think Fly Logic is one of those oft-overlooked vendors. I also own two Fly Logic rods, a 3/4 wt and an 8/9 wt.

I too vote for the Tica Fishmaster reel. I have the S 103model and for the money, It CANNOT BE MATCHED. It's a cnc machined from bar stock beauty, smooth as silk rotation, that can be purchased on line for under $60. I also have, love and use an Orvis Battenkill 3/4 .

Mark
    PS: I'd be curious to know what someone saw was a problem with the Tica.

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

I recently purchase a flylogic FLP reel, excellent mid range reel, very well made, must be one of the most over looked companies. You honestly can't go wrong with one of there reels. I'm sure this company will continue to grow as more people are exposed to there products.

[This message has been edited by nsonthefly (edited 01 March 2006).]

Little Rock AR, wishing I was still in Anchorage, AK

Vocelli, Thankyou you just saved me money. The question now MID arbor or Large arbor? life is full of choices

[This message has been edited by PaGuy (edited 01 March 2006).]

Again two different weights. The Orvis mid arbor, a little on the heavy side with a metal to cork drag. The LA has the same inners as the BBS, plus a brace to keep the gears where they belong. And they are light.

------------------

Little Rock AR, wishing I was still in Anchorage, AK

Thanks Fly Goddess I think I am getting the mid arbor more backing capacity for the large alaska trout. hopfully it will go nice on my new winston rod.

Right On!

Yes sir, no brainer... just got the Bar Stock.n Also got the fly line, and backing for free. I posted the info on the Orvis deal too!

------------------
    [url=http://dryfly.argodesignstudio.com:9be47]http://dryfly.argodesignstudio.com[/url:9be47]

PaGuy
    Thanks Fly Goddess I think I am getting the mid arbor more backing capacity for the large alaska trout. hopfully it will go nice on my new winston rod.

I am not sure what size your Winston is (assuming for Alaska probably 6Wt-9wt) But, FWIW, I bought the BBS IV for my 8wt. (with 200 yrds. of Gel Spun backing). The reel is large enough, but very light still and with all that backing it is close to being a Large Arbor anyway. What I mean is the Fly line is on the outer part of the larger reel, doesn't come off too curly and backing realy isn't a problem with curl. Does that make sense? I have several (BFR) Mid Arbor reels, but, I do trust the battenkill drag more on the bigger fish.

------------------

+ Reply to Thread