+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oprah on the water

Default Oprah on the water

Did anyone hear about Oprah and her friend going fly fishing in Yosemite? Start welcoming the book club to your local waters! I wonder what her river of the Month will be? Could this spell disaster? It really seemed like it impacted the Crooked River today! A bit more than the usual Sunday traffic! Just a thought though

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

The idea of the "River of the Month" is a little scary but I think most of us would be pretty safe. Since the show would be paying for the trip, her first couple of years would be taken up with high priced waters that most of us can't fish anyway. She would be covering the same rivers that most of the fishing writers cover: too exclusive, too far away and too expensive. I'm sure that she and Ted Turner will become fast friends. 8T

I'm sure Donny Beaver is planning on some new stretches to fence off!

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Thumbs View Post
    The idea of the "River of the Month" is a little scary but I think most of us would be pretty safe. Since the show would be paying for the trip, her first couple of years would be taken up with high priced waters that most of us can't fish anyway. She would be covering the same rivers that most of the fishing writers cover: too exclusive, too far away and too expensive. I'm sure that she and Ted Turner will become fast friends. 8T
    However, there is the potential for unleashing her minions of myrmidons who aspire to be Oprah like on to the streams across the country. I hope the Lord will forgive me of thinking how beneficial a hook in the thumb (barbless hook of course) could be.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

How much fun would it be to see Oprah take on Peta.

Luckie....you are spot-on there!

Quote Originally Posted by luckie88 View Post
    I'm sure Donny Beaver is planning on some new stretches to fence off!
    Gees, you've heard about Donny Beaver in Oregon? Don't tell me he's buying up stream property, there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    However, there is the potential for unleashing her minions of myrmidons who aspire to be Oprah like on to the streams across the country. I hope the Lord will forgive me of thinking how beneficial a hook in the thumb (barbless hook of course) could be.
    You obviously arent a fly fishing manufacturer or a owner of a fly shop. Notice all the fly shops going out of business? Do you think it is because of too many people taking up fly fishing?

I hear ya salt. Your 100% right on. I'm kind of surprised by the negative attitude of this particular thread. I for one was quite thrilled to see Oprah out there fly fishing and airing it on TV. If anything, fly fishing can use any kind of boost it can get, to get more people interested in it. In particular...getting more women involved. We SHOULD be writing her letters and emails thanking her for that piece. The ones wanting to keep this stuff to themselves are just Donny Beavers without the cash to back it up.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Hear ! Hear !

MontanaMoose

+ Reply to Thread