+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10' 4wt 4pc czech nymph rod

Default 10' 4wt 4pc czech nymph rod

This rod is for a customer that wanted a bit longer light "wt" rod for Czech nymphing. The blank is a 10' 4wt 4pc. Real seat is a titanium finish Batson RA701L2 double lock nut seat, grip is one I turned out of CG3 cork from Bingham Enterprises and mixed in some 1/4" as well as 1/2" burnt rings. Stripper is a Hopkins & Holloway stripper with double foot snake running guides. Wraps are Cobalt blue (with CP) main wraps and NCP white trim bands. Also added a very small 1" butt out of burnt cork to help balance out the extra length of the rod and added a Elk button to the end of the butt.

Not to often do I get attached to a rod I build that isn't one of my own, but I knid'a hate to see this one go.

Steve

MCFR,

Man-O-Man, those are the NEATEST, as in cleanest,smoothest, uniformest etc.,etc., wrappings yet! When I first saw the use of the burnt cork accents on rod handles I was a little turned off. Thought it was a little too much, if you know what I mean. After seeing more and more of it being applied in so many creative ways, its starting to grow on me. Actually the same could be said for rattan & birch bark. Love the fighting butt also. I've admired your work since I came to FAOL, and the first forum I visited was the rod building section. Keep your creations coming!

Best regards, Dave S. (fishdog54)

Steve: Absolutely beautiful. I'm not the greatest builder, but I am at the point that I can see great craftsmanship.
    Bruce

Beautiful Steve - the photos of your builds inspire me...not that I ever expect to be that good but I do admire your work!

Cliff

Steve,

Were I you, I'd hate to see that one go out the door too. Beautiful job on the entire rod. I fish a 10' 4 wgt a lot, using it to cast teams of up to four wet flies in the North Country Tradition. The small fighting butt really is a necessity, along with a heavier reel to save the casting arm. My compliments to a fine craftsman.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Blog Entries

Looks great!

+ Reply to Thread