+ Reply to Thread

Thread: At least they weren't making meth

Cool At least they weren't making meth

Here in the burbs of the big city of Atlanta the local PD busted a local moonshiner with 110 gallons of sour mash and a large quantity of finished product. I didn't think it was profitable anymore. But maybe they were living in the past and trying to start NASCAR.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Uncle Jesse,

The normal price is in the neighbor of $5 a pint mason jar. More if it has fruit in it.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

nighthawk Guest

Normal for hard times to see an increase in bootlegging. With no jobs and no tax relief from the government folks got to feed the family some way. I would take a Mason Jar of Granddad's Shine over the overpriced stuff that the state forces folks to buy up here. Hope you are listening up there Granddad!

If I were their lawyer I would claim an alternative fuels manufacturing facility and have them apply for a federal grant.Seriously having never developed much of a taste for hard spirits but knowing a little of the history of shine of local manufacture I will take the stuff bottled in Lynchburg, Tullhoma or Kentucky where the government works to ensure there is a low lead content. The old moonshiners had some pride about the quality of their product, modern shiners are more interested in profit.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by popperfly View Post
    Uncle Jesse,

The normal price is in the neighbor of $5 a pint mason jar. More if it has fruit in it.

Alright Popperfly, don't go 'round misleading folks. You know there ain't no moonshine in Tennessee. There ain't no trout(s), neirther.

Ed

Some of the upriver boys around here make some fine stumpwater. Bootleggin' isn't limited to the eastern states. 'course a goodly portion of those upriver boys is decendents of tarheals.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Sorry Ed, I will make a correction!!!.......Hey everyone correction.....whatever Ed said!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    Alright Popperfly, don't go 'round misleading folks. You know there ain't no moonshine in Tennessee. There ain't no trout(s), neirther.

Ed
    Last edited by popperfly; 09-23-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Cool

FAOL isn't the only forum that I belong to

http://www.homedistiller.org/
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

I remember reading some where in the state of Oregon you could brew up to 5 gallon if it was for personal use legaly, I do remember haveing some fine home brewed stuff form here in the PWN once many years age lol and if I do remember right it was made by an old okie out of a copper pot still he made in the farm shop of lead free matrail, the fellow even had chard oak barrels he aged the stuff in for at least 10 years or 15 , he had like 15 or 20 cast and he would not serve any till it was at least 10, I do know he had one at that time a good 15 he was hangin on too till his oldest daughter weding it was 15 years in the cast she was 15, I always wndered how that turned out, I know brewed it when she was borned with that entention.
    Ghost

+ Reply to Thread