+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale Winchester 1953 Model 24 20guage SxS Shotgun

Default For Sale Winchester 1953 Model 24 20guage SxS Shotgun

Been a while since I've been on the board. Been working hard and raising a family. I've also been cleaning out some stuff. I know this is a fly fishing board but I figured why not offer up a piece of antique outdoors equipment.

I've got a 1953 Winchester Model 24 20guage side by side shotgun that I'de like to sell. Its got 28" barrells and is in great condition. I don't hunt so I would rather a good collector have it than it sit around my house a collect dust. The only thing that I know that is wrong with it is the extractors do not eject the shells. You have to grab them and pull them out. Pretty typical flaw of this gun. The barrells are straight with no dents or dings and the blueing is in good shape. Wood is solid and dark from use but in good shape.

I've seen them on the web go for as much as $1200 for a mint condition. I would like to get as close to $900 as possible although that is certainly negotiable based on review of pictures. I can email pictures to anyone that is interested. Just let me know.

Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well.

Alan.

Alan,
    To avoid problems with BATFE (alcohol, tobaco and firearms) regulations, be sure if you're shipping the firearm to someone, that you have your FFL holder ship it to his/her FFL holder. Shipping a firearm like that individual to individual is illegal and can get you into some serious issues with the Feds.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread