+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking Forward to the New Boat

Default Looking Forward to the New Boat

I used to fish out of a Creek Company ODC 816. This boat looks to be the same except it is green and has a better seat. Does anyone have this boat and what are your thoughts. I remember the ODC 816 with fondness and wish I had it back.
    http://creekcompany.com/product.php?...4&cat=0&page=1

I'm anxious to put my butt in my boat and take it for a float. I should have it within a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Lotech; 08-03-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I think you got the last one, the page is gone. I hope you were able to get you a high end PFD to wear when row, row, rowing your boat. It sounded like you and Jim both came out ahead on that swap, that is great.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Uncle Jesse,
    I updated the link from Cabela's to Creek Company. And yes, I think I got the last one. We even had to get a raincheck on the sale price. Now as luck would have it, I've got a pinched nerve in my back and I can't go fishing. All I can do is look at the boat in the garage. Go figure huh?
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

You youngster are going to have to learn, like I did, to stretch and strengthen the core muscles. A physical therapist gave me a series of exercise a few years back that have solved my issues since I started using them. I have added to them and have pretty good core flexibility and strength for a old fat man. Seriously, having been there and done that I "feel your pain". Send me an PM with an email address and I will email you the part I have on file. It mostly consist of lying and rolling around the floor so they are not that difficult.

This is the model I've bought. I'm a newbie on these, but it does the job. I got mine through Cabela's. The electric pumps seem a waste of time. The double action pump is really effective. Caught a 2 foot channel cat on an ultra-light couple weeks back from mine, worked just like a trolling motor.

Knock-down and assembly is easy and fast. It packs into their case ($50 on sale) with room for the pump and paddles easily. Mine will fit across my back-seat in my RAV4 with room to spare. I've had it on the roof rack and it traveled well, but I've seen warmings that moving up or down altitude can change the inflation(pop bladder or loosen tie-downs). Boston valves on this model will deflate before you can pack rest of gear into rig. Only ding I've seen is that if you want to mount a motor-battery combo it's a $100 optional deck to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba_orvis View Post
    but I've seen warmings that moving up or down altitude can change the inflation(pop bladder or loosen tie-downs). Boston valves on this model will deflate before you can pack rest of gear into rig.
    Be careful to lower the pressure if you are going to have it out in the sun long also. I carry my pontoon and my tube in the back of a pickup, if I'm going to be stopped long in the summer I drop the pressure. The advice on the altitude was good also, in the east you don't have the exposure you do out west. Several years ago I saw a doughnut tube with an inner tube in it pop like a balloon. We figured the owner aired it up in Phoenix which was about 7 - 8,000 lower than where we were at Ft. Apache.

+ Reply to Thread