+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using my best fishing tool

Default Using my best fishing tool

I fished for smallmouth yesterday with Scuba Tim who had come up from Indianna. For the first several hours we averaged about one third of a fish per man hour if you count my four inch creek chub. Then while answering a call of nature I stopped to think instead of randomly casting flies at the problem. I returned to the river with the heaviest fly I had and refished a good looking hole that we had just gone through with no results. I caught two bass out of that hole and two more in the final half hour before we reached the point where we got out of the river. I have to remind myself once again that thinking will catch more fish than any other tool I have. What really hurts is that I had the same pattern on quite early and lost that fly to a tree before it had much chance to produce results.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Blog Entries

Hate those fly eating trees. I wonder if they are related to Charlie Brown's kite eating tree.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Hey, rainbow chaser, I sure wish I could have been there to fish with you and Tim. You are both good friends and I enjoy your company.

By the Way.....How is "Butterfly"?

Hope to see you again soon....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Yes Jim out fished me but at least I did not go in over my waders LOL sorry Jim had to say it. It was great to be back in Michigan fishing with Jim.
    It is always fun learning new water and can't wait to get back to the Grand Rapids area again.

I did manage 2 smallmouth in about 2 hrs of fishing this morning.
    Remember we all live down stream

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    Hey, rainbow chaser, I sure wish I could have been there to fish with you and Tim. You are both good friends and I enjoy your company.

By the Way.....How is "Butterfly"?

Hope to see you again soon....
    Noticed Warren asked how Butterfly was but not how you and I are Jim. Now we know who Warren loves best.
    Remember we all live down stream

Tim, we knew that already. You at least had an excuse for not getting down deep enough with your six weight broken. Those big lead eyes were enough of a challenge without trying to do it with a four weight. Warren, The thread on the East tennessee has had me considering buying a lottery ticket. If I won I could go to the Idaho fish-in and then head for Tennessee. Of course I'm too good a mathamatician to ever buy a ticket.

Jim,

I would love to see you at the East Tennessee Fish-In!

Oh, by the way, HOW IS BUTTERFLY?!!! : )
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren Butterfly is a very happy dog right now since I just made a pork pot roast and gravy. All dishes and pots are clean and only need sterilization in the dishwasher. Of course if Ed and his dog bsccuits show up at my door right now she'll act like she has never been fed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowchaser View Post
    Warren Butterfly is a very happy dog right now since I just made a pork pot roast and gravy. All dishes and pots are clean and only need sterilization in the dishwasher. Of course if Ed and his dog bsccuits show up at my door right now she'll act like she has never been fed.

...or loved...

Ed

." I have to remind myself once again that thinking will catch more fish than any other tool I have." well said, your eyes and ears, standing on the right stretch of water will do more good than any magic fly greatest rod ever built and the best cast ever made. you just have to understand what you are looking at
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

+ Reply to Thread