+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6th Finger Scissors

Default 6th Finger Scissors

Anyone tried the 6th Finger Scissors yet and what are your thoughts ?
    I am wantin to try em out but would like to see what others think about not only the ease but if the Point is fine enough for the smaller sized hooks etc.,
    Thanks
    I can't seem ta find the sweet taste of the stream

I have a pair ordered, but they have not arrived yet.
    ----------------
    Wayne
    Trout, Bass, Carp, Whatever!
    http://flynut.wordpress.com

Nice. I use cheap thread snips (Wiss knock-offs) and have no trouble tying #20s; blades on those look bigger than the 6th finger kind so you should be fine.

Regards,
    Scott

I saw those when singlebarbed first put them out. I had a pair of the spring scissors already, so had the metal shop at my High School braze a ring onto it. I like them a lot. They are one of the two pairs of scissors I always use...just depends on which one I grab first. They stay in your hand well, and are way easier to snip with than scissors with a thumb hole. You don't have to find the hole, just squeeze. They are along the same lines as the Wiss-types, but very much less bulky in your hands. I would think that if you had small hands (I don't) they would be really cool.
    I am thinking about getting a pair, because his look much nicer than mine aesthetically.

They are fine on small flies, the tips are pretty fine. not as good as the curved Anvil Ice scissors I use the rest of the time, they are much more needle tipped.

Try 'em out, then post your review here!!
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

I have a pair and I have used them for almost a year. The original model is a bit light weight for cutting tough material (as singlebarbed warned). The points seem to have taken a beating. I still use them almost every time I tie (and I tie daily so I use them almost every day). I have also expanded my scissor collection since buying the 6th Fingers. There are just some things they don't seem to do well. There are now two models. They are great for having "in hand" and for clipping thread or a hackle. They don't cut wire or a large volume of hair (for example).
    Last edited by billhouk; 06-22-2010 at 02:42 AM.

Thanks Fellas, I have to put my scissors down most of the time and sometimes I need em in my hand or the word "fumble" comes ta play.
    This is where the 6th Finger would come in handy.
    As soon as I pay off a Spey Rod I'll get a pair.
    Again Thanks

I have two pair of the scissors... the first pair I've had about a year (the original kind)and when they came out with the new version I bought some of them also. The originals have been a pair of work horses cutting every type of feather, thread, floss, and French small tinsel I have used. They are still sharp to the very point and will nip anything I try to nip at any portion of their blades. The new scissors are just as sharp as the older ones and have been in use about two months. It just depends on which ones I put on my hand as to which ones I use... I like them both very much... I would highly recommend them, for any size hook or fly...
    Last edited by mahanvey; 06-21-2010 at 10:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread