+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cocoon sunglasses

Default Cocoon sunglasses

Gonna have to give in and try Cocoon sunglasses.Anybody got anything good or bad experience with them?

They were a Sponsor here for a year, we thought they had excellent product - perhaps a bit heavier than others, but the prices were reasonable.
    When it came time to renew they stiffed us. Lots of shuck and jive. Just saying...

I have 2 pair (grey and and amber lenses) and they have been very good for me so far. I actually just purchased a new pair to replace the last ones that my sons scratched. The optics aren't as good as what you can find on some, but if you have RX glasses these are the best compromise I have found to date. I really want a nice pair of RX optics, but then I would have to carry a lens case with me for my glasses and the convenience of the Cocoons have won out so far.

I have two pair. Not perfect but the best solution I've found. Put some of the stick on magnifiers in the pair for fishing.
    Member FFF , TU, MTFF
    Ron

I have a pair and like them.
    I f you're concerned about your appearance though,,,looking slightly bugeyed may bother you.
    nam

Blog Entries

I have three pair, Gray, Amber and Yellow. I tahke them with me on all fishing trips and use the color that best fits the daylight. I really like my Cocoon sunglasses and recommend them to anyone wanting good polarized glasses.

Larry ---sagefisher---

A good alternative if you don't want to pay $$ for prescription sunglasses. I switched from amber to copper lenses last year and really like them.

Regards,
    Scott

You definitely won't set any style standards, but if you wear perscription glasses, they work just fine. I'm on my 2nd pair. For the price, they're replaceable, although I'm working on 8 years for the pair I have.
    I tried flip-ups and didn't like them.

I have a pair and they work fine. I'd rather have the eyes I had when I was 21, but since I cannot, I find the coccoons to be a reasonable way around a pair of very expenisve prescription glasses. One thing I like is with a neck strap, all I have to do when moving into lower light situations or when the sun starts to set is just pull them off, let them hang around my neck and I'm already wearing my regular glasses. With prescription sunglasses, I have to take them off, put them in the case, then put on my clear glasses.

If you're a fashionista, you are not going to like them. In fact, my loving wife calls them my "geek-trons". I'm not sure just what she means, but I believe what she is tryig to say is "Jeff, you handsome sexy devil, come over here and give me a big hug, you look sooo good in those glasses woo hoo". On the other hand, she may be saying I look like some kind of fishing nerd. I rather like the "handsome sexy devil" idea better.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

The first pair i got gave me that 'Ralph Dibney' look, i.e. they're too big. Went to their website and found sizing info and got a pair that is too small. Next pair will be in the middle somewhere but the 'too big' pair does give great coverage, nerdy or not. I too like the croakie for ease of on and off instead of putting them in a pocket. I pretty much have them around my neck anytime i'm flyfishing or driving. Someone said they sent theirs in and the lenses were changed for free. Can't verify that yet though since mine are still good after 3 or so years.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

+ Reply to Thread