+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new toy

Default My new toy

Missing the Kansas Fish-in wasn't a total loss (still wish I'd have been able to go, though) as I paid off the lawaway on my kayak (my first) and got it on the water. The first time out I didn't know what to expect so I left perishables like my camera and my good rod back at the truck and just got out and paddled around. But Sunday I was back on the water, this time with camera and rod in hand. It was a perfect afternoon between the rounds of thunderstorms. Breezy enough to drift, but not too fast to fish, which is important since I don't have the anchor attached yet, and on the lake I was at, the aquatic weeds are thick enough I could pull up on an island of them and fish around me if I didn't want to drift. Caught lots of fish and got about three hours on the water before last nights thunderstorms sent me packing. Took some getting used to, but a lot of fun! Can't wait to get out again!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Now we need to plan a trip and fish out of what ever floats. That is the biggest bass I have seen landed at that lake.
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

There was also a big (5+ lb.) channel that managed to break my leader before I could get him in the boat or get a picture. I'll have to remember the net next time

Tim this is a pic of my new toy. Floats like a dream.

Tim, that's really cool! I bet you'll have loads of fun with that.

Bluegill222 and Idice,
    Congradulations on your new boats. If your ever passing thru Ky, I have the Peabody Wildlife Management area near me, (lots of strip mine lakes). We care give them a try.
    Tom

OK you 2 pull over, ... lets see those registration #'s on those watercraft....

Luckily, around here, if there's no motor and no sail, there's no need for numbers either. Makes owning a small boat nice and simple.

Congrats! I been fishing out of the yak for about 8years now and love it. The state of Ohio require registration and boat number to be on the craft but no where else does so far.
    Last edited by Flyfish Dog; 06-21-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Bluegill, same here in Missouri. And you're gonna like that 'yak.....but it seems you'ave already figgered that out. Good fer ye!!!

Vic

+ Reply to Thread