+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got arrested for what??

Normand Guest

Default I got arrested for what??

Alabama
    It?s illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

Alaska
    Whispering in someone?s ear while he?s moose hunting is prohibited.

Arizona
    Cutting down a cactus may earn you a twenty-five-year prison term.

Arkansas
    It?s illegal to mispronounce the name
    of the state of Arkansas.

California
    You may not eat an orange in your bathtub.

Colorado
    It?s unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor (Denver).

Connecticut
    A pickle cannot actually be a pickle unless it bounces.

Delaware
    It?s illegal to get married on a dare.

Washington, D.C.
    It?s against the law to post a public notice calling someone a coward for refusing to accept a challenge to duel.

Florida
    If you tie an elephant to a parking meter, you must pay the same parking fee as you would for a vehicle.

Georgia
    It?s illegal to change the clothes on a storefront mannequin unless you draw the shades first.

Hawaii
    All residents may be fined for not owning a boat.

Idaho
    A man must not give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing fewer than fifty pounds.

Illinois
    It?s illegal to take a French poodle to the opera (Chicago).

Indiana
    The value of pi is 4, and not 3.1415.

Iowa
    One-armed piano players must perform for free.

Kansas
    It?s illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suits (Natoma).

Kentucky
    Every citizen is required to take a shower once a year.

Louisiana
    Biting someone with your natural teeth constitutes simple assault, but biting someone with your false teeth classifies as aggravated assault.

Maine
    If you keep your Christmas decorations on display after January 14, you?ll be fined.

Maryland
    It?s against the law to wash or scrub a sink, no matter how dirty it is (Baltimore).

Massachusetts
    No gorilla is allowed in the backseat of any car.

Michigan
    A woman may not cut her own hair without her husband?s permission.

Minnesota
    It?s illegal to paint a sparrow with the intent of selling it as a parakeet (Harper Woods).

Mississippi
    Walking a dog without dressing it in diapers is forbidden (Temperance).

Missouri
    Children may buy shotguns in Kansas City, but not toy cap guns.

Montana
    It?s a felony for a wife to open her husband?s mail.

Nebraska
    Bar owners may not sell beer unless they brew a kettle of soup simultaneously.

Nevada
    It?s illegal for men with mustaches to kiss women.

New Hampshire
    It?s forbidden to sell the clothes you?re wearing to pay off a gambling debt.

New Jersey
    It?s against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.

New Mexico
    Females may not appear unshaven in public.

New York
    While riding in an elevator, you must talk to no one, fold your hands, and look toward the door.

North Carolina
    It?s against the law to sing off-key.

North Dakota
    It?s illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.

Ohio
    You must honk the horn whenever you pass another car, according to the state?s driver?s education manual.

Oklahoma
    It?s forbidden to take a bite out of another person?s hamburger.

Oregon
    State law requires dishes to be drip-dried.

Pennsylvania
    It?s illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.

Rhode Island
    You may not bite off another person?s leg.

South Carolina
    If a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, he is required by law to keep his promise.

South Dakota

It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.

Tennessee
    Selling hollow logs is strictly forbidden.

Texas
    You may not shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

Utah
    It is illegal not to drink milk.

Vermont
    Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.

Virginia
    Tickling a woman is unlawful.

Washington
    It?s illegal to pretend that one?s parents are wealthy.

West Virginia
    If you make fun of someone who does not accept a challenge, you risk a six-month prison sentence.

Wisconsin
    Unless a customer specifically requests it, margarine may not be substituted for butter in a restaurant.

Wyoming
    Unless you have an official permit, you may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April.

I only checked out one and it is false:

The Indiana Pi Bill is the popular name for bill #246 of the 1897 sitting of the Indiana General Assembly, one of the most famous attempts to establish scientific truth by legislative fiat. Despite that name, the main result claimed by the bill is a method to square the circle, rather than to establish a certain value for π, although the bill does contain text that appears to dictate various incorrect values of π, such as 3.2.
    The bill never became law, due to the intervention of a mathematics professor who happened to be present in the legislature.
    The impossibility of squaring the circle using only compass and straightedge, suspected since ancient times, was rigorously proved in 1882 by Ferdinand von Lindemann. Better approximations of π than those inferred from the bill have been known since ancient times.

Normand Guest

OK, we'll go with this one for Indiana

"Pedestrians crossing the highway at night are prohibited from wearing tail lights."
    Last edited by Normand; 06-11-2010 at 04:47 PM.

I like the New Jersey law although I am sort of against knitting at anytime.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Isn't is against federal law to post with type that small and dim (Americans with Disabilities Act.)
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

The ohio law refers to passing a vehicle in your lane to make them aware you are passing. Too many accidents from people passing a slowing car and the slowing car making a left turn into the passing car, not every time. Not quite as bizarre as it sounds initially like most of the others. They were funny though. I'm pretty sure there's somewhere that has a law against getting a fish intoxicated but I can't remember where. I'd love to hear the events that led up to that one though.

A man must not give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing fewer than fifty pounds. Really? I think that living in Idaho if I gave my wife a 50 pound box of candy and she ate it all then she would probably say "Do I look Fat" and then I would have to not answer cause there is no right answer so I would be in trouble for getting that much candy (what are you trying to fatten me up) and then not answer the afore mentioned question I would be in a world of well we all know what. LOL

Ya know, the Chicago "poodle to the opera" ban just gotta stop. Pretty soon you won't be able to wear cut-offs and sleeveless T's there either . For shame!

Mark

Dang, I live in TN and just sold a hollow log to an unshaven woman with a gorilla in her back seat just last week....
    May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing~

Quote Originally Posted by harleybob87 View Post
    A man must not give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing fewer than fifty pounds. Really? I think that living in Idaho if I gave my wife a 50 pound box of candy and she ate it all then she would probably say "Do I look Fat" and then I would have to not answer cause there is no right answer so I would be in trouble for getting that much candy (what are you trying to fatten me up) and then not answer the afore mentioned question I would be in a world of well we all know what. LOL
    HB, man we're doomed from the start with that one...

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread