+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mosquito shield

Default mosquito shield

I went to the local mosquito farm (KDOT West lake) this evening to test the new OFF belt clip repeler. It seemed to work I wasn't swarmed nearly as much as usual, so it worked for me. I actually caught a couple of fish too. good night.

I have been waiting to here how those worked. I may have to get one to try. Like the sticker in my back window says, If the fish don't bite, the mosquitos will!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

Cold Guest

Ever try the bug off or insect shield or "whatever the name" insect repellent clothing? Was thinking about getting a handkerchief for this summer.

I'm still thrilled with Ultrathon even tho they aren't a Sponsor anymore. It is just the best.
    LF

I'm very glad to hear they work! I first saw them at Costco and bought one in a package with 6 refills. Not quite mosquito season here yet, though, so have yet to try it.

If anybody figures out the best place to clip it on, etc., please post your findings.

I was browsing Consumer Reports Online this morning and found that in July 2010 they did a review of insect repellants and they have a video about the OFF Clip ON product. Not sure if this link will work but here is the Consumer Reports Video: http://video.consumerreports.org/ser...d=106592694001

I've been using a Thermacell for everything from spring turkey hunting to camping & ballgames. Unbelievable product. I spray my clothing with Sawyers/Durathon/Permanone as well for extended protections. And especially when ticks are an issue. A permethrin sprayed hat and bandana will keep most everything away from your head and face and last 2-3 weeks with one treatment. Even when occassionally getting wet.

Thanks for posting that Clay. Too late for me, unfortunately, but it will help others. Sounds like I should bring all 6 of my refills and get one day's worth of use out of it.

+ Reply to Thread