+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: pocket knife

My daily carry knife is either a Victorinox Tinker (had 4 of them over the years, still have #2 and #3, but only carry #4), or a Benchmade Mini Griptillian. I can't tell you how many times that Victorinox Tinker saved my bacon on a job somewhere. "Full dress" on weekends may include a Leatherman Wave.

i like my little spyderco native...they are a great little knife made with s30v stainless steel...they stay sharp for a long time (ive been through 2 deer since it was last sharpened and it'll still slice a tomato)...id recommend one to everyone here

shaun

Thumbs up

Thanks folks! You have just given me my Father's Day gift suggestion to my family. A gift card to Amazon so I can pick up some Victorinox Swiss Army knives. I've carried one for years & love it, but the small ones with toothpick, tweezers, small blade, scissors, & nail file (hook hone) would be perfect to carry on a lanyard or vest...& I have both.
    As much as I love Swiss Army knives, I probably wouldn't have thought of them were it not for this post.
    Thanks again,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I carry this one and have for years. As an old farm-boy I'd be lost without a pocket knife. I also happen to live about 5-6 miles from the Buck Knife Plant. Their guarantees are like the old days. Guaranteed. If anything goes wrong, I just take it in for an exchange.
    http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?...productid=2916
    Last edited by Lotech; 06-05-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Usually spelling. This time too.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I used to carry a Buck 110, one of the originals, made in the plany in Escondido, or was it El Cajon. Anyway, I was forced to leave that one in SE Asia. I got a second one that I carried until I retired from the military and beyond that. I met a young man who was going overseas with an Army Airborne unit and passed the knife on to him. Now they don't let me have sharp objects.
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

knives have been gifted to me over the years, "nice" ones and "junk" I have found knives. I can never seem to keep one for more than a few days so when i buy one, I dont spend much money. I bought a knife at a mega mart a few years back that was marked down 80% its a Remington Sportsman with a mossy oak pattern grip. There is nothing special about this knife except that to this day, its is still as sharp as a razor. I take it to work, to the farm, hunting and fishing. I use it to peel fruit when i have nothing else available,i shave kindling for fires, and just about everything in between. I dont carry it everyday, because sometimes I forget, but its a good knife, Im going to try a hold on to it for a while. The fact that I still have it, makes it a little special to me.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Dblackman View Post
    knives have been gifted to me over the years, "nice" ones and "junk" I have found knives. I can never seem to keep one for more than a few days so when i buy one, I dont spend much money. I bought a knife at a mega mart a few years back that was marked down 80% its a Remington Sportsman with a mossy oak pattern grip. There is nothing special about this knife except that to this day, its is still as sharp as a razor. I take it to work, to the farm, hunting and fishing. I use it to peel fruit when i have nothing else available,i shave kindling for fires, and just about everything in between. I dont carry it everyday, because sometimes I forget, but its a good knife, Im going to try a hold on to it for a while. The fact that I still have it, makes it a little special to me.
    David
    A picture if you please. I may like to have one and I'd need to know what they look like. I'm so helpless.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Bass_Bug Guest

That ain't no knife!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hairwing View Post
    Now THAT"S a knife!!!!

I carry a Gerber Paraframe 1 fine edge clipped to my front right pant pocket every day. Dockers, 501's or a suit it's always there. Would love to have a Spyderco, but the Paraframe is only $20, and more than a few times something has caught the clip and pulled it out my pocket and it fell on the ground. I always hear it clatter, but one of these days I wont. Not willing to take that chance on a $100 to $200 Spyderco of similar style.

For yard work, camping and fishing I carry a Sheffield folding utility knives that uses the standard replaceable utility blade. It always gets clipped to the front right pocket as well.

Like many of you, I too feel naked without it.

Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

I had a little 3 1/2" three bladed shrade that lived in my left pocket since I was 10, it was traded for a little 3 1/2" three bladed shrade that lived in my dads left pocket upon his death in 1978. The little 3 1/2" three bladed shrade that lived in my left pocket for 38 years now lives in the left pocket of my nineteen year old grandson.

Bill

+ Reply to Thread