+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IMPORTANT WARNING~ before picking up plastic bottle with top on

Default IMPORTANT WARNING~ before picking up plastic bottle with top on

IMPORTANT Safety Information!

This just scares the dung out of me. I posted this because as anglers and lovers of our environs, we tend to pick up the trash that idiots leave behind. Don't stop...but please remember this and look a little more carefully before you proceed.

I did check the snopes at the bottom of this page.

Good safety info that I never heard of; be careful and watch the video if you don't believe it.

1. a plastic bottle with a cap.

2. a little Drano.

3. a little water.

4. a small piece of foil.

5. Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!!
    6. No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc..

People are finding these bombs in mailboxes and in their yards, just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the trash.
    But, you'll never make it!!! It takes about 30 seconds to blow after you move the thing.
    Evil people lurk among us!!

See "SNOPES" below....it's true. This happened, in Michigan, a few days ago...April 27, as a matter of fact.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp
    Last edited by Mato Kuwapi; 05-30-2010 at 12:47 AM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

These people are probably the same folks that lurk on a freeway overpass and drop rocks to see if makes a difference. Man, it would be nice to catch them just once. They need to get a life or get some serious help. Problem is, they don't know they have a problem.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

About 15 years ago my mail box was blown up using this same stuff. Aluminum foil and Drano. It sounded like a bomb went off and the mail box, a plastic one, was in pieces scattered on the road. One of the guys who used to work for me was a Combat Engineer in the U. S. Army and told me what it was after loking at the leftovers. I certainly didn't know. Anyway, the stuff is powerful.

Take it from a retired cop, these things are powerful. The evil and nasty folks out there in the real world have a very warped sense of humor, trust me on that. Another thing the pop bottle might be is a one shot methlab, if the fluid/residue in the bottle is a strange color of smells bad, leave it alone and contact authorities. The residue left at meth labs is HAZARDOUS WASTE and needs to be disposed of properly by experts. Please be extremely carefull with this type stuff, if it's trash pick it up, if unknown get proper people to dispose of it. Take care, John

+ Reply to Thread