+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: National Parks firearm law

Hey nam.
    I'm gettin this strange feeling you're conclud'n before you're read'n just because it's ME that a'postin. That's EXACTLY what I said!!!!!! Ya gotta be somekinda DUMBA--S ( "macho paranoid"- thanks again ,Dudley) to display JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN. The ONLY people who will know I carry are those who meet me in the DEEP wilderness or those who mistake my kindness for weakness ( also in the DEEP ............)

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 05-25-2010 at 10:29 PM.

I guess the national parks are looking at...The right to bear arms...As far as i can see,if the criminals and thugs can carry them anywhere,why can't i?

Thomas,
    For Shame!. There is ABSOLUTELY NO place for THAT kind of that kind of common sense logic in this question. It's best to hold hands with the perp and sing Kum-ba-ya or we are the world until he/she recognizes their wicked ways and repents.

Mark
    PS: Here in Illinois /Chicago we have a rep. bobby rush who wants to ban all handguns probably to protect most of his constituents from the wrath of really pissed-off law abiding folks who have HAD IT with criminals.

But, I HAVE really "swerved" from my original quest for information. Y'all should forgive me.

Mark

Mark,
    To your original question, I haven't seen anyone with a visible firearm in the parks yet. My little .357 S&W is tucked securely out of sight and if all goes as planned, that's where it will stay. I have no desire to shoot anyone nor do I have a desire to shoot some critter.

In the years I've been carrying, there have really only been 2 times when I was glad I had it with me. One was a domestic issue at a gas station where a guy was slapping his wife around and she was doing a pretty good job of slapping him back. I called the police and they drove off. Those issues can get out of hand really fast and my family was just there pumping some gas in the car. The other was an idiot had a pit bull at a lake where I was fishing and the mutt charged me. The dog was not on a leash and the owner got the dog before it got too close. Had the dog got close enough to be a thread, yes, I would have stopped the attack in a very final way.

But those are honestly the only 2 times when I have had cause to be happy I had a firearm with me and I sure do hope that good streak continues.

Anyone who would consider using a firearm (knife, baseball bat, or any other weapon) for anything other than to protect their own lives of the life of a loved one really needs to examine what they are trying to prove or do. I'm not a huge fan of open carry in crowded places. Hunting, out in the wilderness fishing or camping, sure, no problem and I frequently carry a .44 or a .45 in that type of setting, but in a national park or in a public place, nope, deep concealment is the best way to go if one desires to have a firearm with them.

Others may disagree and that is also cool with me. I just don't think it's one of those topics worth a disagreement over. From your posts, I think you and I are on the same page.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hey nam.
    I'm gettin this strange feeling you're conclud'n before you're read'n just because it's ME that a'postin.
    Mark
    How hurtful and unfair.
    nam

Nam,
    "....hurtful and unfair". I guess I just don't know what came over me. Coulda been the consumption of vast quantities of cheap scotch and warm caviar canapes.

Mark

Default Marco -

Don't know if this is directly on the issue you raised, but it is worth reading.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...31/detail.html

I wouldn't want to offer an opinion, but if I did ......

John
    The fish are always right.

John,
    Apparently you DID see some possible connection, however obscure, to this article and National Park gun laws. I'd be intensely curious just WHAT opinion you WOULD offer regarding the connection.

Mark

MARCO have you read the law---it can be found on the internet. Your word "OPEN" is not in the law and "CONCEALED' is. Also you cant just carry in any state. It is also governed by each states laws. BILL

+ Reply to Thread