+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jackson Hole WY.

Default Jackson Hole WY.

Hi everyone,

I know I have posted before regarding a trip for my 40th. birthday. I originally was planning to go to the San Juan river and fish in March. I have changed my mind and my wife and I are going to Jackson Hole the middle of July.

We would like to do a overnight horse back trip into the mountains and also do a trip down the Snake river, if it is fishable by the time we are there. We also want to do some fishing on our own.

I have contacted West-bank Anglers in Jackson for information and received a few good recommendations on places to stay. They also will set me up with guides.

I would like some other recommendations of Guides that FAOL members have used and speak highly of. I also would like some recommendations of things to do and places to go; Yellowstone is a given. And lastly If anyone is interested in meeting a great couple from Pennsylvania for drinks and fishing we would sure be willing to work it out.

Steve.

Sounds like you have the fishing pretty well figured out, so I'll recomend a place to stay and a couple of other places to check out. First, for a nice, clean, reasonable room I'd recomend the Painted Buffalo. It's right in town, and I've always been able to get a room at a decent rate even during peak times. Whatever you do, make sure you have breakfast at least once at Jedediah's, their sourdough pancakes are the stuff dreams are made of.

Hey there smgfish,
    I ditto the Jedediahs $ for breakfast, also The Bunnery $, and of course Bubbas $. For local (less touristy flavor) ya gotta do Noras Fish Creek Inn in Wilson just about 6 miles out of town. For dinner, my faves are
    the Snake River Grill $$$, The Rondezvous$$,
    Noras $$(again), amd Horse Creek Station $ again just a few miles out of town.
    Consider staying at Signal Mountain Lodge right in G Teton NP( GREAT) and reasonable. If ya "gots rocks" consider Jenny Lake Lodge , also in GTNP kinda $$$$$ but log cabins WOW. At least plan to "dine" there while in Jackson . Another good place to stay is the Jackson Hole Lodge ( not Jackson LAKE lodge) right in town across from the Orvi$ store.The Jackson Lake Lodge is also worth seeing in GTNP. Have a drink in the Blue Heron Lounge and if the drinks are weak? the view will intoxicate you.
    Wish we could join you. Good fishin !!!

Mark
    PS: If you need more info, e-mail me.
    PS #2 Just came to me, GTNP concessions don't open till June so my suggestions in GTNP, NEVER MIND , SORRY.

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

[This message has been edited by Marco (edited 04 February 2006).]

Hi everyone,

Sounds like Jedediah's for breakfast. Thanks Fullwells and Marco for the recommendations. I am looking into the different lodges and requesting information from them. They all sound great.

Marco I will email you for some guide information.

If anyone has any recommendations of places to fish we are definitely going to be renting a Jeep and are willing to drive.

Steve.

Hi Steve Give me a shout I am always up for a day on the South Fork ( I am in Idaho Falls ) Marco and I fished last fall had a great time. You bring lunch and beer I bring the boat and row

Rich

Hey there Steve,
    If'n you don't take Rich Ward up on THAT offer, YOU're GOOFEY. It's about an hours drive SW of Jackson where he'd meet up with you and ther rest is fish,fun,fish,fun,fish.............
    He'll even let ya row if you ask "real nice like".

Mark
    PS: Hey Rich, THANKS AGAIN

------------------

Marco ..see ya in september

Rich

Hey there Rich,
    If yer a bettin man, TAKE THAT BET. I'll be there fer sure. This years schedule is a bit more complicated, weddings etc. but I'll give you at laest a 30 day advance notice and if it's in the realm of your convenience, we'll do it.

Mark

------------------

+ Reply to Thread