+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Global DorbeR Lil' Streamer - what say you?

Default Global DorbeR Lil' Streamer - what say you?

DorbeR's Lil' Streamer rod interests me. Curious about your experience with them. Are they specialized, that is, a single-use kind of rod? Okay for pond fishing? thanks

gardenfish...I don't have, or have never used a Global Dorber, but I do however have a nice custom 5'6" 3wt. that I've just picked up fairly recently. I've only had it on the water once so far, but I feel it was a very good purchase. I love the shorter rod for some reason. I cannot wait until I can get out to some of my favorite little streams to use it more often. My only issue thus far is that It's not too good at keeping the line off the water in a situation where there are different current lanes. It's just too short to keep the line high enough to avoid getting dragged away by the faster moving water. However, for small streams, short casts,etc... I feel this is going to be an awesome addition to my selection of fine fishing tools. Good luck, and the Dorber price seems excellent for the quality I've heard they carry

Gardenfish, the Lil Streamer rods are highly specialized to shoot line with small amounts of line actually out of the tip. They are not long casters by any stretch of the imagination, and I would not choose one for pond fishing. They are called Lil Streamers for a reason, they are designed to use where space is limited.

P.S., yes, I do own one, and love it for fishing small dries at short distances. 7' 3 wt. It's a noodle.

Lil Streamers are great for tiny brook trout streams. I have one and use it for that, it works great. Soft and slow, for short distances on tiny streams.

Ponds? I use a 9' 8 wt. with some backbone. I fish the shoreline, casting parallel to the shore, just a few feet out. Bass like to hunt blue gills and frogs in the shoreline cover. They hunt in small schools, often with groups of similarly sized fish. More like a pack than a school. Watch for swirls and blow ups, cast to those areas with poppers. The right rod will give you enough power to cast a heavy hairy popper if you want. Sometimes thats what it takes for a largemouth...

Fish the shoreline. Works for me.

wht excellent feedback. Thank you all.

Rick - I ordred the SA flyline from you on Saturday and it came yesterday, Monday. Wow, was that fast....Looks great, thanks for the fantastic service. I sent your money that Saturday also. Thanks again, Rich

------------------
    I learn more about the world while talking to myself when fishing alone

+ Reply to Thread