+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appalachian Trail

Default Appalachian Trail

Hey folks,

Ive been asked to tag along with a buddy from work on their first leg of the Appalachian Trail the end of April. So the question is, are there any spots along the trail to stop and fish. Any previous experiences, knowledge and advise from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Also if there are any websites I can link to that would be of help. You can email me or post here.

Thanks,
    Seege

nighthawk Guest

What part of the trail? She's long and beautiful with plenty of good fishing waters.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

Eric,

We are starting in the sweet southern state of Georgia. Ive never been east of Missouri so this should be fun. From what Ive been told its the beginning of the trail in the Mentioned state and we will be hiking for 5 days. We are all in very good shape but are not in a hurry to get anywhere. We do want to enjoy the sites and possibly the fishing.

*drools* that sounds like fun....its one of my lifetime goals to hike the whole AT but doubt it will happen

------------------
    Take care everyone and cya around. Mark
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

Here is a good site to learn a bit about the AT
    The subject of fishing comes up now and then, but most of the thru-hikers are in a rush to push on.
    A lot of the fish storys that I have read about happen at the other end of the trail..in Maine.
    [url=http://www.whiteblaze.net/:52745]http://www.whiteblaze.net/[/url:52745]

------------------
    "The man who knows all about trout does not exist,
    although you have probably met him"
    Samuel G. Camp 1911
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

There is a lot of good trout water in north Georgia. In fact the trail begins next to a very nice little wild trout stream called Noontoolla (not stocked and not seasonal). You can get a online map of trout streams by county and regs here: [url=http://www.georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us:fbea5]www.georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us[/url:fbea5]
    There is an active forum for Georgia trout fishing here: [url=http://www.georgia-outdoors.com/ngto:fbea5]www.georgia-outdoors.com/ngto[/url:fbea5]
    Best of luck!

Thanks George,

Thats exactly what I was looking for.

Seege

Regardless of the fishing holes, you might like to pick up a book by Bill Bryson titled "A Walk in the Woods". I have been asked to leave two different situations due to the inability to keep from laughing out loud.

I will 2nd the book by Bryson "A Walk in the woods". LH (laughing hysterically) Witty overview of the AT.
    Quinn

------------------
    God Blesses!
    A wing & a Prayer! ----*<(((><~ ~ ~ ~
    Quinn
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

I'd give a third vote for "A Walk in the Woods." It was so good in fact that my son wasn't satisfied with just checking it out of the library. He wanted his own copy.

Rusty <><

------------------
    "PC" is for Plant City not Politically Correct. if you wanna catch something ya gotta get a hook in the water

+ Reply to Thread