+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tiger eye blanks

Default tiger eye blanks

I decided that I needed to build my next fly rod, so after some browsing, I picked out a sevier 6' 2-3wt and a 8'6" 3-4 wt. I put the order in on Monday, got my confirmation 30mins later, but have yet to find out when they will ship. Has anyone dealt with this company directly before? I am waiting untill the blanks show up to order guides, thread and a reel seat. But I am really excited.

I deal with Dave (owner of Sevier/Tiger eye) about every 2 weeks, he's very fast to ship. If you got the confirmation email from him Monday then it most likely went out the following day so you'll probably have it this coming Monday, he's real good about getting things out fast. If you order guides from him though Call him direct and make sure he has them in stock rather than order through his website. Because I'm not sute if Dave just doesn;t stock a good supply or guides or what the reason is but more often than not he is usually out of guides. If you need his phone # then shoot me a Pm and I'll give it to you so you can call him.

Steve

yea i was gonna order guides and i found a reel seat i really like, but the website says they are out of stock. Ill have to contact him and see when he expects to get more in.

I Pm'ed ya his number

thanks steve

Dave is a hell of a nice guy and always willing to help when he can. Give him a ring I am sure he will get you all squared away.

Steve

I talked to Dave yesterday, He was very helpful and seems like a great guy. It figures that the two blanks I ordered were both on backorder. I went ahead and got a 9ft 3-4wt instead of the 8'6". and decided on a four piece 2wt instead of the two piece. More of what I wanted in the first place. He shipped them this morning. I will be working with him again in the future. I am still trying to find a reel seat i like and i need some cork.

Default reel seats you ask about?

these are superb, not you everyday seat
    http://pioneeranglers.com/Lemke-Reel-Seats.php

Those are unique for sure. I am not to sure what to think about them. but they look real nice. I just do not think they are for these rods.

My Blanks showed up today. Now to pick out all my components.I am very excited. I cant wait to fish my custom rods.

+ Reply to Thread