+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what do you think?

If you are referring to the price it's seems as though it's pretty much their normal price. They are nice fly lines. I personally would never pay that much for a fly line. I know of at least one sponsor here that sells a great fly line for $32 and I've been using it for many years. That's just my opinion.
    Bruce

I like the idea. I'd like to see some reviews from someone who's not trying to sell it, but it could work well on those ponds and lakes when you're stuck shorebound and don't have room behind you to make much of a cast.

I haven't fished the spey lines, but the regular triangle taper lines are very nice, especially in situations where longer roll casts are sometimes necessary, but not enough so to demand a DT.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

I use the Wulff Ambush line on my 11ft 4wt and 11'9" 4wt two handed rods.

It is not really a Triangle Taper but more of a level Skagit type line that works well with 10ft sinking leaders.

A much better line for light spey rods and longer single handed rods is the Airflo 40+.
    The 40+ has a long taper similar to the Delta taper and performs very nicely with all of the classic spey casts.

The commercial video is not very clear on single handed spey casting.
    To learn the casting techniques, a good reference is the new book by Simon Gawesworth, Single Handed Spey Casting.

Regards,
    FK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZyKjIBzEDI

this is a single hand spey casting video from you tube.

Bill

+ Reply to Thread