+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nylon or thread furled leaders

Default Nylon or thread furled leaders

I've been using furled leaders made by a unnamed company that uses nylon for several years now and I really like them. It is finally time to order more. I keep reading about furled leaders made with thread vs nylon. Is there really that much difference and if so what? Would anyone be willing to sell me a couple thread 5 1/2 footers to try out?
    Thanks
    Bernie

Personally I like Thread furled much better than mono furled myself, I just feel nothing turns over better than a thread furled leader. I'm sure you will find guys that like mono better than thread furled most likely though, everyone has their own likes. farleycat send me your address in a Pm and I'll send ya a thread furled for free so you can see if you like it for yourself.

Steve

The nylon ones generally more robust than thread made ones. There is little or no give in a thread one but having said that some people like that. Thread ones are more easily damaged & can be prone to mildew. Thread has a tendency to be stiffer than nylon & regardless of colour is opaque & when woven into a leader this opacity can become a disadvantage is some circumstances What I do is use my nylon ones for general fishing, I use thread ones for dry fly.
    I think but can not prove that they are best suited for this application. I get all my nylon ones from the States.
    http://www.blueskyfly.com/
    A fine company to deal with.
    Tight Lines

+ Reply to Thread