+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Connetquot State Park Flyfishing

I'll say they do...i've always had my eye on the nice 5pc graphites for about 10 years. Watching for one of those at a tag sale too.

I've talked on the phone with the Sweetgrass original three and Jerry sent me a copy of his book, 'At The River's Edge', signed and everything
    including a personal letter on his stationary...kinda thought that was pretty neat. I'd like to travel to Twin Bridges soon and check the place out
    and maybe wet a line with Jerry. I took a look at the website a bit ago and noticed they've hired a number of ppl and it looks like more Winston
    folks joined Sweetgrass Rods.

Anyway, great talking with you about something i enjoy...well, then there's the whole flyfishing thing, yep, gotta like that too.

Cheers,

George
    Last edited by MontanaMoose; 04-15-2010 at 02:41 PM.

George,

Love that part of the country. My wife & I took a 3 week trip to the Rockies in the early 90's. We visited Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Utah. It is truly Gods country. I fished the Yellowstone, Snake, Big Horn & Shoshone.Those will ALWAYS be some of my fondest memories. Haven't been to your part of the country, but wouldn't mind seeing it at all......OH well maybe someday....

Best,

Rich

I do too Rich, i've been out 'West' a number of times...i really like ID and MT, WY i haven't spent much time except the park, which i've been to 4 times over the years. WA has a lot to offer and of course OR where i am now does too. I won't mention CA because that's a closely guarded secret and no one goes there anyway.

Places i'd like to go include Nova Scotia, Yukon and back to BC, over on the island to flyfish where RL Haig Brown used to and to see the museum i've heard about.
    Yep, one of these days...all it takes is time.

Cheers,

George

+ Reply to Thread